At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Joining our Customer Growth sales team you'll be responsible for selling our SMS product to our existing APAC client install base . Tag teaming with you to ensure you win customers over is the Customer Success, SMS Ops, and Deliverability & Compliance teams.
You'll be someone who has a strong entrepreneurial spirit, be customer obsessed, and can work autonomously with a positive and enthusiastic attitude. Be highly results-oriented and possess a 'builder mentality' as you'll also be highly influential in process improvements and implementing best practices as we grow and expand.
How you'll make a difference:
- Partner with Customer Success Managers to effectively target your assigned customer segment/ territory and create new SMS opportunities
- Collaborate with Partner Managers and Agency Partners to identify Channel sales opportunities and team them on how to effectively sell SMS to their clients
- Self-prospect and advise existing Klaviyo customers on the value of SMS and why Klaviyo SMS is the best choice for their business
- Participate in regular workshops, lunch and learns, and in-market networking events to educate your partner and customers on how to best leverage SMS to drive revenue and create long-lasting relationships
- Provide feedback to our Product Team that impacts the product roadmap and what we build for our customers
- Have a massive impact on revenue targets for 2023 and beyond!
Who You Are:
- 2+ years experience carrying a revenue quota as an Account Executive/ Account Manager/ Account Director/ Customer Success Manager (commercially orientated)
- Experience working in a high-velocity and high-volume sales environment, often times with multiple stakeholders
- Enjoy/ want to be in an expansion/ growth focused role that is selling to existing/ warm accounts
- Strong growth mindset and continually seek improvement and are rigorous in your pursuit of it
- Are encouraging of your team, thoughtful, engaging, and energetic
- Highly adept at influencing and relationship building
- Fluent English (written & verbal). Additional business-fluent Japanese/Chinese a bonus+
- Eligibility to work in Australia without any restrictions
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with or have sold SMS solutions
- Familiar in applying Challenger Sales methodology or similar
Klaviyo in APAC;
We are starting small but have big plans for Klaviyo in APAC. Our Sydney team begun to take shape in early 2022 and has now built out around our go to market teams in sales, customer success, partnerships, marketing, recruiting and product support. As the team grows we will see a continued expansion of Klaviyo’s customer base and the building of a fantastic working culture in line with what we see elsewhere in Klaviyo but with its own local identity within our Sydney based team. This is your unique opportunity to join us at a very early stage and help to shape our future Klaviyo in APAC.
One of our values as a company is ‘always learning’ and you can feel that in APAC. People are looking to grow and develop and Klaviyo provides a great platform to do so. As we are still relatively early in our journey in APAC this means there is a lot of headroom to grow and develop within your role - we are looking for the leaders of the future. At Klaviyo generally managers are often promoted up into their roles and people are regularly being promoted or moving into new functional areas - it really is an education through experience here.
As part of the Klaviyo team you will be looked after with some great benefits locally in APAC including private health cover for you and discounted for your household, financial and professional coaching, a generous annual learning allowance ($4.2k AUSD), 22 weeks full pay primary care giver leave (16 week secondary), unlimited holiday and free books (yes, any books!) to name a few.
The pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation. This role is also eligible for competitive benefits and perquisites, subject to company policy and applicable law
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our company takes the security and privacy of job applicants very seriously. We will never ask for payment, bank details, or personal financial information as part of the application process. All our legitimate job postings can be found on our official career site. Please be cautious of job offers that come from non-company email addresses (@klaviyo.com), instant messaging platforms, or unsolicited calls.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .