At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Associate Product Managers at Klaviyo are passionate about building products that delight users and exceed expectations. This is why Klaviyo is so successful at ensuring product-market fit. Join Klaviyo to learn first-hand what makes building products at Klaviyo so special. You’ll be challenged to do your best work, and the company’s fast growth ensures that opportunities abound.
Our Flows product is central to Klaviyo, enabling users to automate their marketing using our powerful automation builder. Klaviyo users set up workflows with a drag and drop visual builder. When flows are triggered, customers (shoppers / website visitors) enter these workflows in real time and can receive email, SMS, and mobile push notifications. Users can also automate profile updates, trigger webhooks for 3rd party integrations, and so much more! The Flows engineering team is full-stack, and usability and scalability are top of mind for us. We’re looking for an addition to our Flows product team to help us create innovative and intuitive features to enable our users to automate their marketing strategies.
Your First 90 Days
In your first 30 days, you’ll get acclimated to Klaviyo and our product:
- You will be immersed in a Klaviyo onboarding program that introduces you to the company and the product during your first 2 weeks.
- Introduce yourself to everyone you will need to know in order to be successful in your role.
- Start learning about the roadmap for the flows in Klaviyo, as a partner to our Senior Product Manager on the Flows team.
In your first 60 days, you’ll continue learning from the best while starting to contribute to Klaviyo’s success:
- Continue your learning, leveraging training materials on topics like customer interactions, feature prioritization, and product analytics.
- Talk directly with customers to build the context necessary to build great product features.
- With coaching from internal subject matter experts, you will begin writing your first Klaviyo product spec, and start working with the team to bring this project to life.
In your first 90 days, you will continue your learning while increasing your influence on Klaviyo’s success:
- Author a multitude of features for the Flows product.
- Build enough confidence with the product area to be able to lead customer calls and feature discovery.
- Be able to answer most questions about the roadmap, expected user workflows, and feature prioritization with ease.
- Be an active member of the Klaviyo product community.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Learn Klaviyo’s successful way of building products, especially from your colleagues in the product org who have mastered their craft.
- Drive business outcomes by focusing on tracking, analyzing, and improving metrics for each area of your product.
- Spend a significant amount of time interacting with customers so that you can exceed our customer’s expectations by truly understanding them. At Klaviyo, knowledge about our customers is power.
- Articulate your thinking through written documentation. As a company, our success is gated on collectively being great and prolific communicators.
Who You Are
- Existing Associate Product Manager or Product Manager who wants to be a part of the Klaviyo success story
- Technical background required
- Active Learner - you will be a voracious learner. A lack of experience/knowledge around a challenge is an invitation to dive deep and become an expert in that area. You should love learning and tackling new challenges.
- Excellent Collaborator- you will collaborate with all teams within the company and all parties outside of the company to be most effective in your role.
- Analytical Thinker and Effective Communicator - you will think through every use case a customer would consider, concisely document potential ways to solve, identify outstanding concerns, flag edge cases, and leave no stone unturned. We sweat the details and are passionate about making sure that every experience is understood, anticipated, and handled elegantly.
- Ambitious - you will get value into customer hands. For all of the work that goes into planning and coordination, we stay focused on delivering improved solutions and experiences every day.
The pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation and hourly non-exempt roles are eligible for overtime in accordance with applicable law. This role is eligible for benefits, including: medical, dental and vision coverage, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), flexible paid time off and company-paid holidays and a culture of learning that includes a learning allowance and access to a professional coaching service for all employees.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our company takes the security and privacy of job applicants very seriously. We will never ask for payment, bank details, or personal financial information as part of the application process. All our legitimate job postings can be found on our official career site. Please be cautious of job offers that come from non-company email addresses (@klaviyo.com), instant messaging platforms, or unsolicited calls.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .