At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Why You Should Join the Compensation Team!
We have an incredible team at Klaviyo - collaborative, capable, diverse, fun - and we won’t settle for less. We’re looking for a passionate Compensation Lead to join our Total Rewards team.
This position reports directly to the Senior Manager, Compensation and will be a key member in evolving and enforcing Klaviyo’s compensation philosophy, policies, practices, and programs to attract and retain the market’s top talent.
How You Will Make a Difference...
Primary Function Areas:
- Program and project management and compliance of all broad based compensation programs, including base pay, short-term incentive pay, equity, and more
- Implementation of complex, cross-functional, and company-wide Compensation projects
- Total Rewards communications and change management, including compensation and benefits integrated areas
- Lead annual companywide market analysis to determine competitive positioning of pay programs, including base pay, short-term incentive pay, and sales incentive pay
- Manage the year end compensation planning process (i.e. merit and short-term incentive planning, performance management integration process, annual statement generation and distribution, company wide communication rollout, etc.)
- HRIS administration and optimization in support of compensation programs and processes such as annual merit and promotion cycles
- Compensation program administration and implementation
- HRIS administration in support of compensation programs
- Assist with design and implementing market aligned salary structure and lead annual review to ensure external competitiveness, including recommending updates to our cash and equity compensation structures/ranges
- Compensation Modeling: perform complex calculations and analyze how base salary and equity should be awarded to employees across locations, performance levels, position in range and so on
- Provide counsel to HR Business Partners and Talent Acquisition on compensation issues related to recruiting and candidate offers, as well as employee promotion, recognition, and retention actions
- Advise on compensation and reporting tools and automation opportunities/vendors
- Maintain a working knowledge of federal, state and local legislation that may affect compensation policies including minimum wage regulations for all geographic areas with Klaviyo operations
- Ensure Klaviyo’s compensation program is competitive with our market and company goals through performing benchmarking analyses, including coaching and leveraging compensation analysts
- Draft company recommendations and presentations using a data driven approach
- Partner with internal team members to build, document, and maintain compensation-related guidelines, policies, workflows and procedures for our programs
- Drive the annual performance review process, helping track and implement promotions and compensation adjustments
- Own database management for Klaviyo’s employees, ensuring accurate data entry, integrity and validation
- Have a direct relationship with outside consultants/vendors for annual survey submissions, contract renewals and data reporting
- Work cross functionally to collect and report data across departments including Finance, HR, People Operations and Talent Acquisition
- Generate employee communications regarding Total Rewards changes
- Lead special compensation projects across a variety of areas such as job structure, pay transparency, management training and other various compensation related programs
Who You Are...
- BA degree in a related field
- You have 6+ years experience working with compensation programs, administration, compliance and analysis, previous experience in an HR function and a Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) a plus
- You have extensive experience with HRIS systems, compensation management tools and advanced skills in Excel/Google Sheets programs, with a strong preference for Workday and Radford
- You enjoy building things and continually strive to do things better than the status quo. You are intellectually curious.
- You have a proven ability to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- You are organized with the ability to manage multiple high, and potentially shifting, priorities in a fast-paced environment
- You have highly effective verbal and written communications skills; ability to distill complex concepts/information to employees and Senior Leaders in a digestible manner
- You are able to work cross functionally with different areas of an organization
- You pay attention to detail, have a strong sense of responsibility and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Upon request, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .