At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Klaviyo is seeking a Contracts Manager to join our growing legal team. This role will be based out of Boston or Denver. Your primary responsibilities will be to manage a large volume of inbound and outbound contracts and work with various Klaviyo business teams to handle contracts through review, negotiation and execution. You will work cross-functionally with various business stakeholders, procurement and sales teams, to support contract reviews and negotiations and increase efficiencies in the legal contracting process. The role calls for a strong business partner who is an independent thinker with strong communication, negotiation and analytical skills, the ability to resolve complex issues in an effective and solution-oriented manner, and the ability to manage multiple projects and transactions at the same time.
How You Will Make A Difference
- Structure, review, negotiate and advise on a variety of commercial agreements including master services agreements, data processing agreements, service orders, non-disclosure agreements, and vendor contracts
- Understand and analyze contracts from varying purchase types (SaaS, Marketing, Consulting, etc.) and assess risk based on the needs of diverse business teams
- Partner closely with the procurement team on vendor contracts and the sales team on customer deals
- Assist in building and improving agreement templates and legal contracts processes
- Manage risk and ensure business and compliance needs including data privacy requirements
Work with business stakeholders, procurement and sales to develop best-in-class processes to reduce friction and increase quality of contract reviews and negotiations
- Manage competing priorities and expectations in a highly dynamic work environment
- Handle other special projects as assigned and build relationships across the organization
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university
- 3-5 year(s) experience in negotiating complex technology agreements, professional services agreements, data processing agreements, and marketing contracts, with a cloud or software company
- Broad knowledge of legal principles and procedures as they relate to contracts
- Experience in solving multiple and complex challenges through critical thinking and cross-functional collaboration
- Ambitious self-starter willing to roll up their sleeves; team-oriented with a sense of humor
- A practical, business-oriented approach and excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex legal concepts into simple, actionable recommendations
- High level of integrity, professionalism, intellectual curiosity and willingness to grow
#CR1 #Hybrid #Denver
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Upon request, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .