At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Klaviyo is an e-Commerce marketing automation platform for email and SMS marketing software solutions that sync to a company’s tech stack. Powered and supported by a robust and built-in customer database that updates with an organization’s customer information and each shoppers’ historical interactions with websites, products, emails, texts, and forms, Klayivo helps use that data to create targeted segments and personalized outreach to drive sales.
As a key member of the Finance organization, our Corporate Controller will build, lead, manage and scale the Company’s core accounting function, including technical accounting, compliance, tax and financial reporting. This individual will report to the Chief Accounting Officer, with significant exposure and visibility to the CFO, and will collaborate closely with other teams such as FP&A, Legal, HR and InfoSec. This individual will be responsible for the Company’s financial processes, including implementing and maintaining an appropriate control environment, establishing accounting policies, ownership of core systems, and designing and executing process improvements.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Own the financial close process and all associated processes and reporting to deliver accurate and timely results to the organization.
- The roles oversees the accounting and financial reporting process and works closely with cross functional leaders within the organization
- The individual will oversee a team of highly performing individuals including the assistant controller, financial reporting and technical accounting teams.
- The individual will also be expected to build the accounting functions supporting international operations as the company continues its expansion to international markets
- Responsible for the development of accounting policies and the appropriate application of those policies to the Company’s business activities.
- Continually assess the operating effectiveness and efficiency of accounting and reporting operations, including organization structure and operating processes, and drive improvements in these areas.
- Responsible for driving accounting processes supporting accounting standards and regulations, and provide finance and operational support to cross functional business partners
- Collaborate closely with other leadership streams including investor’s relations, FP&A, internal audit functions, tax, legal, HR to ensure effective internal controls over financial reporting and disclosure requirements are met
- Manage year-end financial audit and own relationships and communication with external service providers, including audit and tax professionals.
- Provide leadership and vision for scaling the team and the Company’s financial infrastructure to keep up with the demands of the business.
- Collaborate closely with FP&A, legal, HR, IT, tax, and other functions
Who You Are
- Big 4 CPA with 10-15+ years combined accounting experience and 5+ years of industry experience, preferably as a Controller or Assistant Controller within the SaaS or Technology sector.
- Proven track record of leading and developing high-performing accounting teams
- Proven ability to successfully evaluate, implement, and integrate financial systems and tools
- Experience in scaling people, processes and systems so as to support company evolution and fast paced growth.
- Experience with ERP systems and cloud-based accounting systems required, preferably with NetSuite.
- Demonstrate technical competencies and expertise as well as effective collaboration skills across various business functions
- Capable of identifying business risks and process inefficiencies, with proven ability to plan and execute process improvements to mitigate such risks and inefficiencies.
- Experience in solving multiple and complex challenges through critical thinking and cross-functional collaboration. Ability to manage multiple priorities and lead a team.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com .
If you are a California, Colorado, Rhode Island, Washington, New York City, or Jersey City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.