At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Klaviyo drives better business relationships. As an eCommerce marketing automation platform, Klaviyo customers can use our CDP for email and SMS solutions that sync to their company’s tech stack. Powered and supported by a robust and built-in customer database that updates with an organization’s customer information and each shoppers’ historical interactions with websites, products, emails, texts, and forms, Klayvio helps use that data to create targeted segments and personalized outreach to drive sales.
As a key member of the Finance organization, the Director, Real Estate Operations oversees all things Facilities, Real Estate and Building Operations. Maintaining best-in-class global workspaces that make Klaviyos WANT to come into the office requires a strong leader with a breadth and depth of expertise. If this describes you - read on! This individual reports to the Chief Accounting Officer, with significant exposure and visibility to the Finance Leadership Team, and close collaboration with other teams such as FP&A, Legal, HR and Global Technology Solutions. We’re looking for someone who can own all aspects of Klaviyo’s growing real estate portfolio, including all contract negotiations. The ideal candidate should also have the ability to interface with a wide variety of Klaviyos with the ultimate goal of making everyone’s in-office experience memorable and meaningful. No task or project is too big and none is too small.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Responsible for global real estate and building management for all global Klaviyo buildings
- Real Estate management: including negotiating and renegotiating leases, contracts, renewals, extensions, lease fulfillments, landlord interface and overall management of the entire real estate portfolio
- Where necessary, oversees the construction phase of assigned projects in accordance with established policies and procedures. Establishes and maintains a budget track report. Prepares, tracks and monitors all field instructions and change orders for additional work. Monitors project and remodel phasing schedules, resolves field conflicts and implements recovery strategies to mitigate delays. Manages multiple buildouts/projects at once ranging in size from $200k - $5M in scope.
- Project ownership of assigned projects - including, but not limited to development of scope, schedule, analytics, budget process, timelines, contractor bid reviews, and contractor awards, team and consultant management, tracking project progress actions, communications and documentation
- Works with related outside vendors on conceptual ideas, design, branding and creation of value added of modern workspace
- Manages overall facility strategy – employee satisfaction, services, operations, headcount growth and occupancy, furniture, etc.
- In conjunction with the Global Protection Officer, takes measures to ensure all facilities are properly secured, including proactive risk assessments and following through on recommendations as well as incident response management
- Business Disaster recovery planning, in conjunction with the Global Protection Officer, People Operations, etc. – ensures all facilities have recovery plans in place
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business
- 8-10 years of commercial real estate transaction experience, including real estate contracts and negotiation experience
- 5 years of direct leadership experience including matrixed and/or global reporting relationships
- Experience overseeing and maintaining company grounds, building, and equipment to ensure that the office is functional for employees
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Strong sense of teamwork and willingness to support others in meeting team objectives
- High energy and motivation; commitment to learning and having fun in a fast-paced environment; willingness to accept and embrace change
The pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation and hourly non-exempt roles are eligible for overtime in accordance with applicable law. This role is eligible for benefits, including: medical, dental and vision coverage, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), flexible paid time off and company-paid holidays and a culture of learning that includes a learning allowance and access to a professional coaching service for all employees.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our company takes the security and privacy of job applicants very seriously. We will never ask for payment, bank details, or personal financial information as part of the application process. All our legitimate job postings can be found on our official career site. Please be cautious of job offers that come from non-company email addresses (@klaviyo.com), instant messaging platforms, or unsolicited calls.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .