At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Klaviyo is looking for a Director - Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity to join our People team here at Klaviyo. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, this critical role will have responsibility for designing, enhancing, and scaling our DEI and CSR programs. You will play a key role in a Klaviyo’s lifecycle through enterprise-level vision and strategy, and developing a roadmap of programs which foster engagement, connection, and impact. You must have a fierce commitment to equality and excel in pursuing fairness for all.
How You’ll Make a Difference:
- Develop and own Klaviyo’s DEI and CSR strategy and roadmap
- Continue to scale Klaviyo resource groups (KRGs) in partnership with the DEI Program Manager
- Further develop an innovative and inclusive workplace culture where diversity is seen as a strength
- Establish purpose-driven global partnerships within communities that reflect Klaviyo’s values
- Act as a trusted advisor to Klaviyos on all things DEI
- Partner within People Team (HRBP, Talent Acquisition, L&D, Talent Management, etc.) as a thought leader for equity and inclusion - inclusive leadership, interview best practices, talent sourcing strategies, etc.
- Address and measure DEI initiatives internally through employee engagement surveys and retention data.
- Influence and complete initiatives through a cross-functional network across Klaviyo.
- Lead the DEI team, coach and mentor, prioritize and remove roadblocks and own business outcomes.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bring expertise and innovative ideas related to the evolving nature of work that impacts the employee experience and a remarkable Klaviyo culture
- Company-wide change agent, effectively communicating at all levels
- Thought partner and coach to enable a consistent, authentic, fair, and equitable approach to business and internal priorities
- BA/BS degree in addition to 10+ years of progressive experience in HR, DEI, or other operational disciplines (preference for DEI) with a deep expertise in and passion for inclusivity, equity, and diversity
- 5+ years experience leading others including developing leaders and managing remotely.
- Actively involved with DEI networks and community with a grasp of DEI industry benchmarks, leading practices, and innovations is important
- Expertise establishing a community presence with a focus on values-driven principals
- Experience working in, and getting results in, a collaborative environment, building relationships and influencing key partners
- Sound judgment and discretion; ability to manage sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com .
If you are a Colorado or New York City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found here .
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.