At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
We are looking for a talented Director of Sales to join our fast-growing Klaviyo Sales organisation. Reporting to our VP of Sales, EMEA, you'll be responsible for leading a sales team focusing on the Mid-Market segment.
This includes hiring, training, forecast management, performance analysis, and day-to-day coaching/ talent development. Our team is growing incredibly fast and the ideal candidate will have a strong track record of building high performing sales teams in a fast-paced environment.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Developing and guiding the team through all of our Mid-Market initiatives in EMEA
- Shaping ongoing strategy for the Mid-Market segment from a long term perspective to daily practical improvement
- Hiring best in class talent across the team as well as coaching and developing a team of individual contributors and managers
- Collaborating closely with colleagues across the business but particularly within the sales leadership team, our marketing function, and partnerships to identify key trends and opportunities
- Accurately forecast and model monthly, quarterly, and annual sales
- Thorough career planning and mapping building the foundation for the future growth of our sales team members as we continue to grow and evolve
- Putting the customer first and creating strategies to optimise the customer journey
- Introducing new tools and processes into the workflow, as well as optimising on existing tools and playbooks, and helping the team to adapt to change and adhere to best practices
- Being a vocal thought leader for your team and region
How You'll Make an Impact:
- We are a great place to work, and our leaders set the tone. You will need to ensure team morale remains high, people feel energised by their work, and we maintain a high standard for performance.
- Regular tactical and developmental 1:1’s with your team
- Setting both quantitative and qualitative goals and targets for the team to both hit business goals as well as support career development within the team.
- Klaviyos delivers work that is deemed ‘remarkable’ by our peers, our customers, and the market. You will focus on the quality of work, then learn how to do it faster, frugally, and more efficiently but never compromising on the quality.
- Working closely with the sales leadership team you will provide thought leadership and strategic direction on our Mid-Market segment within EMEA
- Working cross functionally you will collaborate radically across all functions but particularly ops and enablement, marketing, partnerships and success both here in EMEA and in the US
- Inspire and coach AE Managers and AEs, alike, to fulfill their potential and serve as the foundation for future generations of Klaviyos
- Be able to understand and compile data, using it to support your strategic direction for the team. Data will be both external in the market and internal tracking team activity and impact. You will be able to clearly and concisely communicate key trends in data to your peers and key stakeholders
- Work to assess and introduce new tools and processes into the workflow and manage the change to ensure success
- Klaviyos start with the customer and work backward. With this in mind you will put the customer first when thinking about the strategies being put in place for the team.
Who You Are:
- Proven second-line management experience ideally at a rapidly scaling software business. Minimum 1+ years leading Sales Managers
- You will have experience of leading teams at enterprise level and within this ideally experience of leading a transition to enterprise from SMB / Commercial
- In line with our value of always learning you will need to show a growth mindset both for yourself and a vision for your team. You define yourself as an energetic self-starter who is results-oriented works effectively in an entrepreneurial environment
- A global perspective with proven success in developing and/ or nurturing a sales progression for your team
- Strong coaching skills and a growth-mindset that comes from a deep belief in the development of their team
- Ability to build relationships with internal (business development, marketing, ops and enablement partnerships, etc.) and external (clients, prospects, agencies etc.) stakeholders
- Track record of using data to inform decision making
- Track record of working with leadership to define and implement successful new programs
- Strategic mindset to define and execute sales strategies
- A results oriented, highly motivated, enthusiastic attitude and the ability to work independently
- Familiarity operating in a high-velocity and high-volumed sales environment
- A deep understanding of SaaS and sales economics
- Full authorisation to work in the UK without any restrictions
- Top-class presentation and communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Detail-oriented and persuasive
- Strong sense of ownership over annual and quarterly planning
- Strong sense of curiosity with a bias towards action
- Proficiency with tools such as Salesforce, Outreach, and Gong
- Use of, implementation and understanding of sales process and methodologies
Nice to have:
- Experience with selling ecommerce focused solutions
- Understanding of scale-ups, PLG, or transactional businesses
- Strong preference for familiarity with MEDDICC or other similar sales methodologies.
Klaviyo in EMEA
As part of the Klaviyo team you will be looked after with some great benefits locally in EMEA including equity for all, private health cover for you and discounted for your household, financial and professional coaching, a generous annual learning allowance (£2.5k), 22 weeks full pay primary caregiver leave (16 week secondary) and free books (yes, any books!) to name a few.
The pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation. This role is also eligible for competitive benefits and perquisites, subject to company policy and applicable law
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our company takes the security and privacy of job applicants very seriously. We will never ask for payment, bank details, or personal financial information as part of the application process. All our legitimate job postings can be found on our official career site. Please be cautious of job offers that come from non-company email addresses (@klaviyo.com), instant messaging platforms, or unsolicited calls.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .