At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
The Director of Sales Strategy and Planning is responsible for overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization, partnering closely with the sales team and teams across Klaviyo to drive initiatives. We are looking for someone who will drive a scalable global sales operations framework to ensure we are meeting the needs of a fast growing company.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team, representing a blend of long-term strategic thinking and operational execution. In this role you will have an opportunity to directly influence the overall company trajectory, build and scale sales operations, interact with Klaviyo's senior leadership, all while helping to create an operationally excellent sales organization.
You and the team will design the processes and systems focused on high priority sales initiatives, including annual planning, org design, goal/quota setting, sales incentive design, business process architecture, market segmentation, and strategic planning.
How you’ll make a difference
- Partner closely with senior leadership to identify, develop and drive impactful projects that accelerate sales growth and improve sales processes and operations on a global scale.
- Responsible for annual planning and execution including org structure, headcount planning, financial goal setting, quota setting, and territory management.
- Ensure accurate reporting across the organization, including existing and future headcount, rep performance, pipeline, and other metrics as required.
- Strategically plan and implement incentive plans and targets in concert with Klaviyo’s revenue plan.
- Advise Sales Leadership on new business growth strategy, churn strategy, existing customer base expansion.
- Establish strong working relationships with various levels of sales leadership as well as key cross functional partners to ensure an aligned and effective overall GTM strategy.
Who You Are
- 10+ years of revenue strategy & operations experience (enterprise SaaS, strategy consulting, MBA a plus), 3+ years people management experience.
- Strategic, structured thinker. Strong analytical skills and business acumen. Aptitude for framing business questions with data, translating business needs into strategies, and executing tactics and process improvements.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills with a data-driven approach to problem-solving.
- Exceptionally strong communication skills. Ability to communicate the right level of information to executives and cross-functional teams at the right cadence.
- Team player who understands the collaborative nature of this work with the ability to influence at C-suite level in a cross-functional environment.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Upon request, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .