At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
As a Director, Partner Strategy & Operations at Klaviyo, your mission will be to help define the strategy for our current services and product partner programs and then drive the evolution of these programs–and develop others–as Klaviyo’s business evolves. To accomplish this mission, you will own developing and tracking the metrics that matter most in evaluating the effectiveness of our current programs. And you will then work with stakeholders across Klaviyo to implement changes to improve partner programs–and develop others–that drive business value for our partners, our customers, and for Klaviyo.
You are a general business athlete, who is able to solve constantly evolving challenges and is comfortable operating not only at a strategic level, but also getting hands dirty with execution and operational excellence. Given our programs today (and others that you may develop) include sales, marketing, enablement, and other components, you will have ample opportunities to collaborate with other teams and to have executive visibility. As such, strong collaboration and communication skills - including communicating up/down/and across the organization, prioritization, and an eye for impact are essential for your success in this role.
You will report to the VP, Revenue Strategy & Operations, and you will collaborate closely across Partner leadership in our Services and Product organizations.
What you’ll do:
- Partner Strategy Development:
- Develop and articulate a comprehensive partner strategy to drive revenue growth and market expansion through data-driven analyses.
- Manage partner program operations to ensure tiering, requirements, and benefits are upheld.
- Identify and evaluate potential partners, including technology, reseller, and strategic alliances.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, market dynamics, and competitive landscapes, providing insights to enhance our long range GTM strategies and maintain a competitive advantage.
- Gather and synthesize relevant data, lead analyses, and develop recommendations around Partner programs and other initiatives.
- Conduct ROI analysis to evaluate the effectiveness of partner programs and partner initiatives, making data-driven recommendations for improvement
- Operational Excellence:
- Streamline and optimize partner operations to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in partner-related activities.
- Implement systems and processes for partner onboarding, training, and support.
- Monitor and report on key performance metrics to drive data-driven decision-making.
- Create program goals and targets for quarterly/annual OKRs, support monthly/quarterly/annual business review preparation, track and report on progress vs. OKR/MBR priorities.
- Leadership & Enablement:
- Build, nurture, and lead a high-performing partner strategy and operations team.
- Foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, and accountability within the team.
- Work cross-functionally and globally with internal stakeholders to resolve issues, understand business and data challenges, and identify optimization opportunities.
- Establish a collaboration network across different Klaviyo teams (Sales, Marketing, Success, GTM Operations), working side-by-side with multiple teams and being the "connector" that enables a well-oiled cross-functional partnership strategy and execution.
- Persuasively communicate practical strategy recommendations and insights to Partnerships team leaders and key partners across Klaviyo, including at the executive level.
What skills needed to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or a related field; MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience. Preferred experience in fast growth software or management consulting. 3+ years experience managing partnerships programs.
- Strong experience influencing cross-functional multidisciplinary teams to launch high-impact business initiatives
- Successful in dynamic environments, rapidly anticipating and adapting to shifting priorities
- You have a “get it done” attitude and want to build something that lasts. Not only do you have the ability and the desire to architect the high level strategy, you want to operationalize it and can dive deep into the details
- You have excellent spoken and written communication & presentation skills. You have experience resolving prioritization conflicts, resourcing shortfalls, and timing issues, and can summarize challenges & recommendations succinctly
- Exceptional conceptual thinking and analytical problem-solving
- Effective leadership and team management skills.
#CR1 #Boston #Hybrid
The pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation and hourly non-exempt roles are eligible for overtime in accordance with applicable law. This role is eligible for benefits, including: medical, dental and vision coverage, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), flexible paid time off and company-paid holidays and a culture of learning that includes a learning allowance and access to a professional coaching service for all employees.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our company takes the security and privacy of job applicants very seriously. We will never ask for payment, bank details, or personal financial information as part of the application process. All our legitimate job postings can be found on our official career site. Please be cautious of job offers that come from non-company email addresses (@klaviyo.com), instant messaging platforms, or unsolicited calls.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .