At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
We have an incredible team at Klaviyo - collaborative, capable, diverse, fun - and we won’t settle for less.
We’re looking for a seasoned Senior Director, Total Rewards to join our People team. You will have responsibility for executing a comprehensive and thoughtful total rewards strategy and aligning the total reward team’s strategy with the business strategy. You must be comfortable implementing outstanding benefits and compensation programs, driving change, and identifying areas of improvement. You will report directly to the VP, Total Rewards with cross-functional exposure and visibility and close collaboration with internal and external teams. If you’ve been looking for your next adventure, then look no further, and buckle up - we’re on a rocket ship and don’t plan to slow down any time soon.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Ensures that the company’s compensation and benefits strategy, processes, plans, programs and tools are world class, competitive and most importantly, support business strategy, enhance organizational capability and foster employee engagement
- Total Rewards communications and change management, including compensation and benefits areas
- Builds credibility and demonstrates ability to add value with the business leadership of the company at all levels
- Partners across Human Resources and the business leaders to ensure compensation programs are designed and delivered in alignment with our talent philosophy
- Leads the Annual Compensation Review process and all related workstreams
- Influences the direction and design innovative solutions for compensation and benefits/wellness programs by understanding the business, anticipating and diagnosing functional needs
- Assesses the current status of the company’s various compensation and benefits plans, programs, processes, tools, in-source/outsource strategies, and communication, including initiatives to determine market competitiveness, ease of administration, cost containment, and alignment with business strategy
- Other related duties as assigned
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- At least 10 years of experience, with at least 5 years in a similar leadership role, with a global SaaS organization known for the strength of its related People programs and practices.
- Knowledge of various HRIS systems is a plus with a strong preference for Workday
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design workable solutions, manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, prioritize workloads, meet deadlines and drive projects to successful implementation. Knowledge of various Project Management software is a plus with a preference for Monday.com
- You have deep analytical skills, comfortable working with and communicating large amounts of data findings, experience establishing and tracking program metrics.
- You enjoy building things and continually strive to do things better than the status quo. You are intellectually curious with an ability to work with a high degree of autonomy through ambiguous circumstances.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to influence and outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- You are able to work cross functionally with different areas of an organization.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Upon request, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .