At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider…
Deliverability & Compliance are core pillars to our customers’s success in delivering the right messages to the right people at the right time. The Deliverability & Compliance Specialists provide technical deliverability support to our customers by root causing Klaviyo email services issues and providing solutions. They monitor for and address compliance issues to protect the integrity of our shared infrastructure. Deliverability & Compliance Specialists ensure that Klaviyo and our customers are always up to date with the most recent industry laws and regulations.
We are looking for a Deliverability & Compliance Specialist who is passionate about providing the best support to customers who are scaling their businesses with Klaviyo by demystifying deliverability and leveraging it as a tool for sustainable growth.
How You'll Make a Difference:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the Klaviyo platform, sending infrastructure, and compliance policies.
- Provide high-quality support for Klaviyo customers, partnering with them to effectively understand and address their deliverability and/or compliance issues through email and phone.
- Communicate thoughtfully and effectively to provide answers to questions for both technical and non-technical end users while also supporting a wide range of technologies
- Investigate and address email delivery problems by communicating with Internet Service Provider (ISP) abuse desks, email block-list, and anti-spam technology providers in a professional manner
- Monitor the Klaviyo Internet Protocol (IP) and Domain Name (DNS) space against known block-lists
- Provisioning of new customers with a new IP address and/or new DNS records for the recommended sending domain
- Ensuring that Klaviyo and its clients are always up to date with the most recent industry laws and regulations
- Establish and maintain documentation such as delivery best practices, compliance and playbooks to support repeatability as we expand and onboard new markets partners.
- Take an active role in thought leadership through writing blogs, articles, and whitepapers
Who you are:
- You are proactive and self-motivated to identify and solve problems; you’re comfortable with a high degree of responsibility and autonomy.
- You’re capable of learning quickly and mastering complicated systems and manual processes.
- You’re empathetic and customer-first.
- Your attention to detail and accuracy is evident in all that you do.
- You’re process-oriented and enjoy the clarity of well documented processes and best practices that bring structure to chaos.
- You have the ability to empower others to be productive in their role by enabling them to effectively use the processes, systems and information available to them.
- You’re comfortable working independently and with multiple internal teams, from individual contributors to senior executives, as well as building/maintaining relationships with cross functional and geographically dispersed teams.
- You are energized by supporting teammates in achieving mutual goals; you have a passion for driving measurable impact in a dynamic environment.
- You want to help our Sales, Support and Success teams build the path to scale.
- You strive to communicate brilliantly whether it’s in a meeting, an email, a slide deck, or a financial model.
What you have…
- 1-2 years of work experience in an analytic, data-driven email deliverability role
- Experience working with customers, preferably at an ESP serving multiple medium to large senders
- Proven track record of investigating and resolving technical problems
- Excellent communication skills, able to work with, influence and align with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Understanding of email industry legal compliance and privacy issues
- Experience modeling complex problems, both conceptually and tactically (spreadsheets, analysis tools, visualization)
- Experience with:
- Microsoft Office Suite, G-Suite, Google Sheets, PowerPoint, Zendesk, and Salesforce
- Web works, networking, and software products
- DNS, IPs and other networking concepts
- Email Authentication setup (Sender Policy Framework (SPF), DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM), and Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance (DMARC))
- Email marketing platforms and E-Commerce platforms
- Testing and analysis tools, like Litmus, Return Path, EDS, Google Postmaster Tools and SNDS
What would be a bonus:
- Experience with SMS/MMS technologies
- Technical Writing/Blogging and Training Experience
- Has experience working with software / web development
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com .
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found here .
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.