At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Email Deliverability is a core pillar to our customers’ success in delivering the right messages to the right people at the right time. The Email Deliverability Operations Specialists play an integral role in optimizing and maintaining the sending reputation of our high-volume email infrastructure. Deliverability Operations Specialists ensure that Klaviyo and our customers are able to rely on Klaviyo’s infrastructure to reach their customers.
We are looking for a Deliverability Operations Specialist who loves to dive into sending data and work on programs to positively impact the sending reputation of our network.
How You'll Make a Difference:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the Klaviyo platform, sending infrastructure, and customer base
- On-call incident management for critical situations
- Provide weekly deliverability reporting, actionable insights, and recommendations to management
- Collaborate with Email Deliverability Consultants to deliver positive deliverability outcomes for customers
- Investigate and address email delivery problems by communicating with Internet Service Provider (ISP) abuse desks, email blocklist, vendor and anti-spam technology providers in a professional manner
- Establish and maintain documentation such as playbooks to support repeatability
- Work cross functionally with Product, Data Science, and Engineering to influence change for optimizing sending infrastructure
- Manage programs to enhance infrastructure, our data, and other aspects of our deliverability network
- Work with upstream providers to address their feedback in order to maintain good delivery and reputation for Klaviyo
Who you are:
- You are proactive and self-motivated to identify and solve problems; you’re comfortable with a high degree of responsibility, ambiguity, and autonomy.
- You are data-driven and comfortable developing action items from large sets of data
- You’re capable of learning quickly and mastering complicated systems and manual processes.
- You’re empathetic and customer-first.
- Your attention to detail and accuracy is evident in all that you do.
- You have the ability to empower others to be productive in their role by enabling them to effectively use the processes, systems, data and information available to them.
- You’re comfortable working independently and with multiple internal teams, from individual contributors to senior executives, as well as building/maintaining relationships with cross functional and geographically dispersed teams.
- You are energized by supporting teammates in achieving mutual goals; you have a passion for driving measurable impact in a dynamic environment.
- You strive to communicate brilliantly whether it’s in a meeting, an email, or a slide deck
What you have…
- 2-3 years of work experience in an analytic, data-driven email deliverability role
- Experience working with customers, preferably at an ESP serving multiple medium to large senders
- Proven track record of investigating and resolving technical problems
- Excellent communication skills, able to work with, influence, negotiate and align with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Understanding of email industry practices and trends
- Experience modeling complex problems, both conceptually and tactically (spreadsheets, analysis tools, visualization)
- Experience with:
- MTAs and MTA reporting such as Sendgrid, Sparkpost, PowerMTA
- Excel expertise (e.g. VLOOKUP, pivot tables, data hygiene)
- Microsoft Office Suite, G-Suite, Google Sheets, PowerPoint, Zendesk, and Salesforce
- DNS, IPs and other networking concepts
- Email Authentication setup (Sender Policy Framework (SPF), DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM), and Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance (DMARC))
- Email marketing platforms and E-Commerce platforms
- Testing and analysis tools, like Litmus, Return Path, EDS, Google Postmaster Tools and SNDS
#CR1 #Hybrid #Denver
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Upon request, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .