At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Klaviyo operates a real-time data analytics platform coded primarily in Python that is built for massive scale and hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Engineers come to Klaviyo with experience in a variety of languages and from a number of disciplines.
The Reporting Team is responsible for the visual display of quantitative information within the Klaviyo app, building tools for users to understand the performance of their marketing strategy and report on trends over time. The team collaborates closely with internal stakeholders to design the systems required to serve data and visualizations to users with speed, accuracy, and consistency throughout the Klaviyo platform. The team is full stack, building the data access and storage systems required to serve the front end experiences users need to understand their data.
As an Engineering Manager for the Reporting Team, you can expect to be deeply involved in the technical discussions on how we access, aggregate, and display data in the Klaviyo application. You'll have ownership of the team's mission, goals, and roadmap while collaborating alongside technical product owners and product managers to build a product and technical strategy to deliver products that make it easy for users to understand their data and performance. Your tech stack will include Python, Typescript, React, AWS, Kubernetes, Django, and Spark.
How You Will Make A Difference
- Deliver key product capabilities in the reporting area to evolve the Klaviyo platform into a first in class analytics experience
- Work with data volumes representing several orders of magnitude to deliver experiences that provide value to our smallest as well as largest customers
- Develop scalable access patterns to eliminate data inconsistencies in the Klaviyo platform
- Lead a growing team with 6-10 direct reports
- Work cross functionally with product, design, and data science
- Level up the team and have a central role in the interview process
- Have ample opportunities for growth given the scope of this role and the team’s central role in Klaviyo’s product
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience working in a SaaS product in full stack capacity.
- Motivated to grow the team both through developing members of the team and attracting new talent to continuously expand our capabilities.
- Excited to read the code, understand the product area, and give applicable technical mentorship.
- You have an in-depth understanding of common web architectures when it comes to highly scalable systems.
- You know what tools to reach for based on the problem at hand: queues, caches, cdns, web workers, etc.
- Managed a team of at least 5 people and comfortable managing remote team members and collaborating across time zones.
- Successfully led and delivered on complex projects spanning multiple quarters and involving at least two teams.
- Comfortable giving performance reviews and mentoring team members at all levels.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Upon request, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .