At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Head of Global Payroll
Klaviyo is looking for a Head of Global Payroll who will be the team lead of Klaviyo’s international payroll function. This position will report to the VP of Treasury and involve frequent collaboration with HR and Finance teams. As the Head of Global Payroll, you will lead a team of payroll specialists to ensure that global payroll is in compliance with regulatory requirements, review regular payroll cycles for accuracy, and scale the payroll team and related processes for headcount growth and global expansion. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast paced, dynamic environment and seeks opportunities to improve processes to allow for efficient, timely, and accurate payroll processing.
Note - this is a fully remote position.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Oversee all regular and off-cycle payroll processing operations for global operations currently in US, UK and Australia.
- Coordinate with internal and external business partners to ensure all earnings, deductions, and fringe benefits are appropriately reported for tax purposes and the company is in compliance with all international, state, and local requirements.
- Develop and implement new procedures or processes to increase payroll processing efficiency or accuracy for company growth.
- Register for employer payroll tax accounts in new domestic or international jurisdictions as the employee base grows.
- Manage payroll systems and service providers including implementation of any new systems as necessary.
- Lead payroll team in day to day operations and ad hoc projects.
- Communicate all payroll related matters to the employee base as necessary.
- Ensure payroll supporting documentation and records are complete and accurate for internal control purposes.
- Act as the primary point of contact with external auditors for any payroll related matters.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- 7+ years of payroll experience required, including 3+ years of people management
- Deep knowledge of Workday payroll system and processes
- Multi-state and international payroll experience required
- Experience with equity administration and related tax reporting is preferred
- Public company and Sarbanes Oxley experience a plus
- Extensive knowledge of US and international payroll compliance standards, leading industry practices, and change management techniques
- Detail oriented and organized; strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and enjoy collaborating with other departments
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com .
If you are a Colorado or New York City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found here .
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.