At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Klaviyo’s Internal Audit (IA) function leverages industry best practices and adds value by developing consultative partnerships with operational leaders throughout the organization to monitor and improve internal controls, processes, and also drive operating efficiencies. Klaviyo is looking for an experienced Internal Audit Manager who will be a key part of our Internal Audit function. This leader will report to the VP of Internal Audit and Compliance, and will work directly with key business stakeholders across Finance, Accounting, Legal, HR and other senior leaders in the company. The ideal candidate is an experienced professional who has broad experience with internal audit activities, thrives on building companies and enjoys working in an exciting and evolving environment.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Play key role in SOX planning, scoping and risk assessment process through close collaboration with business process owners and alignment with external auditors
- Lead and manage certain business processes from a SOX perspective from end to end
- Assess and track audit findings / gaps including control weaknesses. Coordinate remediation of deficiencies with control owners
- Provide regular reporting to key business stakeholders and executive leadership across Klaviyo
- Provide on-going SOX readiness advisory support to business partners where new systems/processes are being implemented
- Coordinate with co-sourced third party providers, external auditors, internal business partners to ensure engagement, alignment and timely execution of audit work and the SOX program
- Lead and direct internal audit projects, with accountability for planning, risk assessment, scoping, execution and reporting of audit results
- Monitor and stay current on new technical literature applicable to the internal control processes, emerging trends and best practices
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Information Systems or other relevant field.
- 6+ years of Public Accounting (i.e. Big 4 Accounting firms) or equivalent industry experience in internal audit and/or SOX experience ideally in a Tech/SaaS environment
- Professional audit relevant certification - CPA, CIA, CISA, CFE
- Strong understanding of SOX 404, PCAOB Auditing Standards, COSO 2013, US GAAP, Internal Audit Standards, including auditing processes and methodologies
- Strong understanding of business processes and how the systems and related controls support them
- Knowledge and experience with SOX program implementation for pre-IPO or newly public companies is a plus
- Experience in managing a team of internal or co-sourced consulting resources
- Excellent project management skills with cross functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to drive influence and to discuss technical concepts to other stakeholders in a simple but informative manner
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with great attention to details
- Experience in using SOX/GRC/Data/Project Management software/tools is strongly preferred
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high growth environment
The pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation and hourly non-exempt roles are eligible for overtime in accordance with applicable law. This role is eligible for benefits, including: medical, dental and vision coverage, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), flexible paid time off and company-paid holidays and a culture of learning that includes a learning allowance and access to a professional coaching service for all employees.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our company takes the security and privacy of job applicants very seriously. We will never ask for payment, bank details, or personal financial information as part of the application process. All our legitimate job postings can be found on our official career site. Please be cautious of job offers that come from non-company email addresses (@klaviyo.com), instant messaging platforms, or unsolicited calls.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .