At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
About the team
Klaviyo’s global corporate Information Technology (IT) team provides technology systems, administration, and support to Klaviyos worldwide. Our main goal is to ensure that Klaviyos everywhere have a strong technology foundation to do great work. The IT Team solves problems using technology and embracing automation and provides Klaviyo’s continued scalability and sustainable employee growth in a rapidly evolving environment.
The IT SearchBar team — "SearchBar" is our end-user support team — is responsible for providing day-to-day tactical support to Klaviyos. SearchBar responsibilities include assisting with employee onboarding, inventory maintenance, overseeing a ticket queue, creating automated workflows, and documenting processes for our internal knowledge base.
About the role
As the IT Team Lead of the SearchBar team, you’ll be responsible for leading and supporting a team of IT Specialists who provide first-line technical troubleshooting and support. In addition to serving as an escalation point for complicated issues and solving technical problems, you’ll provide people management, define career growth, prioritize issues, manage projects, and ensure robust change management. You’ll work closely with other leaders on the IT team, along with leaders and team members from Security Operations and Risk & Trust, all under the leadership of the IT Manager, End User.
How you’ll have an impact
- You'll oversee the daily ticket queue, ensuring priority tickets are solved expediently.
- You'll mentor team members to grow and develop in their careers and help increase their scope and impact throughout their tenure at Klaviyo.
- You'll provide real-time support to remote and in-office Klaviyos by asking the right questions to dig into the root cause of the problem.
- Establish team standards and monitor objectives and key results (OKRs).
- Identify recurring technical issues and eliminate manual processes through automation.
- Assist with hardware needs — setting up and de-provisioning devices — installing and configuring software, and shipping and receiving.
- Participate actively with documentation and write knowledge base articles, including editing and reviewing documentation created by junior team members.
- You'll support our conference rooms and unified communications technology.
What we’re looking for
- You have 2+ years of experience working in a help desk or support environment using a ticketing system such as FreshService, Zendesk, or similar.
- You have experience managing projects or initiatives.
- You've worked with the following (or similar) core technologies/applications: Jamf Pro, Okta, 1Password, Google Workspace, and Atlassian Product Suite (Confluence/Jira).
- You're a subject matter expert on various IT systems, from enterprise device management to wired and wireless networking endpoint security.
- You have extensive experience deploying hundreds of macOS and iOS devices at scale and building configuration profiles and policies.
- You're excited about automating workflows and repetitive tasks.
- Passion for mentoring and developing team members.
- You have clear verbal and written communication skills.
- You're passionate about learning new technologies and passing that knowledge on.
- You can work from our Boston headquarters at least 2-3 days per week as needed.
- Provide on-call support on a rotational basis after business hours.
- Able to handle freight shipments and move equipment up to 50 lbs.
Nice to have
- You've worked with Okta Workflows.
- Ability to build applications and tools that provide and/or use APIs to transfer data.
- Understanding of networking topics, including routing, DNS, VPN, 802.1X, and multiple-VLANs)
- You've got experience with programming languages or scripting knowledge.
- You have experience with MDM/SSO strategy and support.
#LI-CR1 #LI-Boston #LI-Hybrid
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Upon request, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .