At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
About the team:
Klaviyo’s UX Design Team consists of product designers, researchers, content designers, and design systems specialists. Our Content Design team sits at the intersection of technology and creativity, and flex in a variety of ways across the customer journey. We’re a collaborative group, and take a human-centered approach to everything we do.
We’re looking for a Lead Content Designer who is up for the challenge of bringing our voice and tone to life across the product experience with a commitment to user-centricity, by curating clear, concise, and consistent language to design, across end-to-end user experiences for our customers. This role will collaborate with product managers, UX researchers, and product designers through to execution by setting expectations and quality benchmarks for content delivery. Responsibilities also include implementing our brand voice in product and service communications by creating and writing guidelines and content strategies. And you’ll support continuous evolution of our content design system, sharing best practices and UX writing guidelines across the Design team and beyond.
Please note that this is a hybrid role located in Boston and does require a partial onsite component on a weekly basis. Fully remote candidates will unfortunately not be considered at this time.
How You’ll Make a Difference:
- Partner with UX design, research, product management, engineering, and brand partners to ensure a cohesive experience across the customer journey.
- Bring a user-centered UX writing and content strategy perspective to the product design process, improving the overall experience and ensuring consistency.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, designers, and cross functional stakeholders to understand business objectives, needs, and constraints, while creating creative and thoughtful solutions.
- Create simple, useful, and engaging content to make the end-product easier to use for customers through meaningful copy, improved terminology, and concise language.
- Ask for and incorporate feedback from stakeholders, teammates, and cross-functional partners.
- Manage several projects simultaneously, balance scope with timelines, and present proposed solutions to key stakeholders.
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years writing for web or software applications with a focus on UX writing and content strategy that drives global user acquisition, conversion, and growth.
- Ability to flex between UX writing, content strategy, or content design as needed, recognizing and applying which aspect will best align with the project timeline and scope.
- Flawless grammar and syntax; ability to embody the Klaviyo brand tone and voice.
- Experience building and evolving content style guides, content inventories (voice, tone, lexicon, etc..), and content matrices.
- Experience supporting teammates with peer review/editing.
- Can skillfully influence the full customer journey, balancing grace and passion in your daily interactions with teammates, partners and senior leaders.
- Strong self-starter with solid organizational skills; ability to juggle priorities and pivot quickly when requirements, priorities, or schedules change
- Ability to think beyond individual design and project requirements to see the bigger picture - how your work ties into the larger ecosystem, brand voice and platform strategy.
- The ability to consult or provide direction on multiple projects in various stages of the product lifecycle, and deliver in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Adept at taking ambiguous problems, deciphering the ask, and translating the challenge into easy-to-understand content.
- A portfolio of UX-focused writing, content strategy and content design samples.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and collaboration skills.
Nice to Have Skills (not required):
- Experience writing for voice, conversational UI, chat or IVR, AI, or other new technology..
- Experience crafting and building out content design systems or copy style guides is a plus.
- Experience with the internationalization of a product and the effect it has on content.
- Familiar with current best practices, principles, trends, and patterns in interactive design.
- Experience incorporating research, data, and customer feedback into proposed solutions.
- Comfortable with design tools like Figma.
The pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation and hourly non-exempt roles are eligible for overtime in accordance with applicable law. This role is eligible for benefits, including: medical, dental and vision coverage, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), flexible paid time off and company-paid holidays and a culture of learning that includes a learning allowance and access to a professional coaching service for all employees.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our company takes the security and privacy of job applicants very seriously. We will never ask for payment, bank details, or personal financial information as part of the application process. All our legitimate job postings can be found on our official career site. Please be cautious of job offers that come from non-company email addresses (@klaviyo.com), instant messaging platforms, or unsolicited calls.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .