At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Klaviyo integrations allow our customers to pull in unlimited real-time and historical data from just about anything in their marketing stack. The Integrations Platform team focuses on powering data exchange between Klaviyo and dozens of platforms at a huge scale. We design and build reliable, scalable, and fault-tolerant pipelines and services that process billions of integration data points every day. As a Platform team, we are also responsible for enabling other Integrations teams to build customer-facing software more effectively.
As a lead engineer on the Integrations Platform team, you’ll be responsible for driving the design, implementation, and scaling of highly visible mission critical data processing systems. You will be constantly challenged to improve these systems from every angle, such as latency reduction, resource utilization efficiency, failure recovery, tooling, monitoring, and much more. In addition, you will be working on simplifying the use of these systems so that other teams can use them as services.
At Klaviyo, we love tackling tough engineering problems and look for Engineers who specialize in certain areas but are passionate about building, owning & scaling features end to end from scratch and breaking through any obstacle or technical challenge in their way. We push each other to move out of our comfort zone, learn new technologies and work hard to ensure each day is better than the last.
Technologies we use (not exhaustive):
- Python, Django
- RabbitMQ, Celery, Apache Pulsar
- MySQL, Redis, Memcached
- Graphite, statsd, Grafana
- AWS, Terraform, Docker, Jenkins, Travis and other modern DevOps tools
How you will make a difference
- Wholly own features that tens thousands of our customers rely on daily to reach 4B+ of consumers to drive their business forward
- Be a major contributor to the advancement of our highly scalable inbound and outbound data pipelines that process billions of data points every day
- Be responsible for the technical/architectural evolution of our product area and own its significant portion; identify and advocate for scalability, reliability, and maintainability needs
- Lead complex projects, be responsible for their end-to-end implementation, collaborate with others, lead groups of engineers of varying sizes
- Contribute to your team, department, and Klaviyo strategy by developing options and plans that align with company worldwide growth.
- Be responsible for technical quality, teach others technical expertise and help them develop skills they need to improve within the organization
- Establish expertise in multiple internal and industry practices, patterns, tools, languages, and processes
Who you are:
- Passionate about building software effectively and for the long-term. Have experience building products that matter. Have proven expertise in applying relevant design patterns to implementing highly-scalable multi-tenant systems.
- Like working on small, autonomous agile teams. Enjoy shipping code early and often in an agile fashion, pairing with product management, business stakeholders, and other engineers to craft better software.
- Motivated by having ownership and leading others, excited about taking the initiative to solve tasks in collaboration with others.
- Have expertise assessing risks and alternatives. Have solid understanding how to prioritize organizational, technical, and product needs.
- Love digging into performance, scalability, and reliability issues to drive breakthrough solutions. You recognize all problems can be solved and are capable of rallying others to address business needs.
- Have in-depth knowledge and extensive experience working with distributed systems, messaging systems, process control systems, relational databases, and in-memory data stores.
- Have experience leading projects and groups of engineers, have proven success creating direction and specifications for others
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com .
If you are a Colorado or New York City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found here .
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.