At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Klaviyo crafts software helping thousands of ecommerce companies to have engaging relationships with hundreds of millions of consumers. We love taking on tough engineering problems and look for full stack engineers who specialize in certain areas but are passionate about building, owning & scaling features end to end from scratch and breaking through any obstacle or technical challenge in their way. We push each other to move out of our comfort zone, learn new technologies and work hard to ensure each day is better than the last.
Klaviyo is looking for a Lead/Sr Detection & Response Engineer to add to our rapidly growing security team. This is a hands-on technical role that involves solving complex security problems, incident response, threat detection, security orchestration and automation, and building new tools to take the Detection & Response Program to the next level. As Lead/Sr. Detection & Response Engineering you will have the opportunity to provide incident response thought leadership, lead incidents and investigations, perform digital forensics, execute on core detection and response engineering efforts, and innovate on a broad scale within Security Operations.
What you’ll be doing
- Detect, respond, and report on cyber threats and incidents using tools such as a SIEM, IDS, EDR, Firewalls and modern cloud platforms
- Lead end-to-end security incident response investigations
- Lead forensic investigations to include collection, preservation of evidence and analysis
- Perform incident response activities to include host and network forensics, log analysis, malware analysis and more
- Conduct ad-hoc threat hunts in support of SecOps, detection and response
- Automate and codify detection and response processes and playbooks
- Assist with developing threat detection signatures, analytics, and correlation rules
- Mentor other engineers and members of the team
- Work with various engineering stakeholders to identify gaps and recommendations to mitigate organizational risk
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 6+ years of hands-on security operations experience in the modern cloud environments
- Hands-on experience with SIEM and centralized logging (e.g., Splunk)
- Experience securing cloud environments such as AWS, GCP, and/or Azure
- Experience leveraging scripting languages to automate or build features (Bash, Python, Go and/or Ruby)
- Understand techniques, tools and procedures used by bad actors
- Subject matter expert in the areas of incident response and analysis of security events
- Experience with Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR)
- Strong fundamentals of Linux and Mac operating systems
- Demonstrate strong understanding of: Threat Detection & Response in Cloud, Cloud Security, Operating System Security and IAM
- Automation-first approach for all work performed
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team player with a strong, self-managing work ethic
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com .
If you are a Colorado or New York City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found here .
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.