At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Engineers come to Klaviyo with experience in a variety of languages and from a number of disciplines. Our development community is incredibly diverse, so an effective member of this team needs to be comfortable working with any modern programming language across various platforms and environments.
- As a lead engineer at Klaviyo you’ll contribute to the code directly, shape the technical direction of projects, mentor the team, and keep a focus on learning and growth
- You’ll get to try new technologies while building on a strong foundation of existing applications
- You will make decisions and own outcomes around infrastructure, application logic, documentation, product changes, UI, basically across the entire stack
- You will mentor engineers and help with hiring to uphold a high bar of quality
What We’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience working with various architectures, frameworks, and systems
- Hands-on experience designing reliable, fault-tolerant, and high performance distributed systems
- Significant experience with full stack application development
- Experience debugging performance issues and improving application performance
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Proven experience with being a coach and a mentor for team members and helping them grow
Technologies we use (not exhaustive):
- Python, Django, React, RabbitMQ, Celery, MySQL, Cassandra, Redis, Gatsby, GraphQL
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, Aurora, etc.)Terraform, Grafana, and other modern DevOps tools
- Experience creating new applications with scalability in mind
- Eye for both technical and visual detail
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com .
If you are a Colorado or New York City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found here .
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.