At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
About the Team:
On the Klaviyo MTA (or “KMTA”) team, we’re building an internal email delivery system for Klaviyo customers, and we are building a critical component for Klaviyo.
As a Mail Operations Engineer on the team, you will be responsible for the performance and uptime of the KMTA system. You’ll use monitoring tools and logs to diagnose and correct deliverability problems, and work with the team to build out tooling to better monitor and support the KMTA system. Finally, you’ll work with the KMTA engineering team to make enhancements to the system itself.
How You’ll Make An Impact:
- Take ownership of the operation of the KMTA system, ensuring optimal performance and uptime for Klaviyo customers.
- Work in conjunction with our Deliverability and Compliance team to diagnose and resolve deliverability problems.
- Work with the KMTA team to implement future enhancements to Klaviyo’s mail delivery capacity.
What We’re Looking For
- Detail-oriented. You are adept at sorting through data and finding the “signal” in the “noise.”
- Experience with email delivery systems (MTA’s), diagnosing delivery issues within a shared ecosystem and resolving those issues.
- Experience working with large scale email pipelines that send 10s of billions of emails a month.
- Skilled in using at least one modern programming language
- 2+ years of experience in a software engineering discipline
- Experience with Linux-based systems
Nice to have
- Experience with Splunk or similar systems (Snowflake, Looker, ELK)
- Experience with a modern MTA system (GreenArrow, PowerMTA etc.)
- Experience with Grafana or other monitoring systems
- Experience with AWS or other cloud systems
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with software configuration management systems (Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Salt)
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Upon request, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .