At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Klaviyo is a leading marketing platform that helps eCommerce store owners deliver a more personalized experience for their customers. Klaviyo has helped brands across the world make more than $3.7 billion in revenue in the last year alone. It has never been easier to create deeper, higher-value customer relationships, which is why an average of 67 brands move to Klaviyo every day.
As an organization, we approach challenges with humility, radical collaboration, take ownership of our contributions, and embrace a growth mindset that pushes us to be remarkable each day.
Klaviyo’s Commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI): Klaviyo believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
About The Team
We are looking for a Manager of Customer Success to join our Sydney Office who is passionate about providing the best experience and support to APAC customers.
Our Sydney team began to take shape in early 2022 and has now built our go to market teams in sales, customer success, partnerships, marketing, recruiting and product support. As the team grows we will see a continued expansion of Klaviyo’s customer base and the building of a fantastic working culture in line with what we see elsewhere in Klaviyo but with its own local identity. This is your unique opportunity to join us at a very early stage and help to shape our future.
Working at Klaviyo means you’ll work on things you never imagined you would; you’ll grow in ways you didn’t consider possible; and you’ll do the best work of your career with people who are just as motivated and talented as you are.
About the Role
As the Manager of Customer Success you will manage a team of 4 CSMs who support our customers across Small Business.
You will be responsible for interviewing, hiring, evaluating, training, coaching, and leading a team of experienced CSM's in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. As Klaviyo continues to grow we will be focusing on expanding our customer base, in this role you will also be responsible for understanding customer challenges and needs and driving the vision for our customer experience.
You will report into the Snr Manager, Customer Success and work closely with other global Managers to help build a team of highly successful Customer Success professionals who are able to execute exceptional customer service to our rapidly growing customer base worldwide. As part of our customer success-focused, results-driven organization, you will also be responsible for driving sustainable, long-term customer value and measured on our team’s customer retention and customer satisfaction
How You’ll Make a Difference:
- Manage a team of 4 direct reports - recruit, interview, hire, and train new team members
- Serve as a coach and a leader, helping to develop the skills of your individual contributors so they are able to achieve their career goals and proactively (and collaboratively) remove potholes getting in the way of others
- Serve as a point of escalation for customer issues and resolve those issues in a manner that builds trust with both customers and Klaviyo team members.
- Manage day-to-day operations, data analysis, goal setting, career development, performance management, and process improvement
- Manage NPS and retention for your team, discovering trends to improve or capitalize on to improve customer outcomes.
- Work cross-functionally, developing close relationships with sales, onboarding, marketing and product to understand customer challenges and needs and proactively surface opportunities for improvements
- Be a leader in the company, with an excellent attitude that inspires others to do their best work
Who You Are:
- 2+ years managing a Customer Success Team in a high growth SaaS company
- Experience working with, or managing a team who works with SMB customers
- A track record of working creatively, problem-solving and collaborating with Sales, Product, and Marketing to create an exceptional customer experience.
- Experience in marketing or advising customers on marketing strategy. SaaS MarTech experience is a plus.
- Experience handling escalated customer issues and building trust with team members and customers.
- Delivering strategic recommendations to customers to improve their product adoption and/or marketing
The pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation. This role is also eligible for competitive benefits and perquisites, subject to company policy and applicable law
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our company takes the security and privacy of job applicants very seriously. We will never ask for payment, bank details, or personal financial information as part of the application process. All our legitimate job postings can be found on our official career site. Please be cautious of job offers that come from non-company email addresses (@klaviyo.com), instant messaging platforms, or unsolicited calls.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .