At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
We are looking for a passionate, driven leader to take global email deliverability at Klaviyo to the next level. This is a unique role where you will be challenged to balance technology and people to drive the optimal business outcomes and customer experience. It's a role that encompasses technical infrastructure, software systems, and leading a team of talented individuals. Our mission is to demystify message placement by empowering customers with data and tools to execute a successful messaging strategy.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Support the implementation of the strategic vision for global email deliverability that is aligned with the company's focus on growth.
- Effectively communicate program execution status, key accomplishments, and risks to management both within the Support organization and to our business partners
- Lead and develop a team of Deliverability Consultants and Analysts to provide the ultimate experience for Klaviyo customers.
- Build a collaborative working environment where a diverse set of voices are empowered.
- Track the overall health of the email deliverability business at Klaviyo, taking action as needed to ensure our customers can rely on Klaviyo as their sending platform.
- Think critically about what the team offers and how it executes. Proactively propose and implement changes to systems and processes to help the team be successful.
- Build positive relationships with business partners (Security, Product, Engineering, Onboarding, Customer Success, Support, and Sales teams) and facilitate continuous improvement aligned with operational processes.
- Lead your team to maintain working relationships with all major mailbox providers, blocklisting agencies, and other key stakeholders in the messaging ecosystem.
- Educate Klaviyo employees and customers on messaging practices that will help to drive good deliverability and, in collaboration with the Enablement and Customer education teams, create user guides and training materials.
- Delight customers with proactive deliverability support.
- Aid Klaviyo in maintaining strong relationships in the messaging ecosystem by ensuring we are delivering quality email traffic.
Who you are:
- A strong leader, with 4+ years of management experience, dedicated to helping others develop.
- An individual with recognized deliverability expertise of 4+ years.
- Passionate about creative problem solving for customers and internal teams.
- Experienced in evaluating operational performance, building forecasts and finding creative solutions to operating constraints.
- A thoughtful communicator, excellent at communicating with audiences ranging from entry- to executive-level, with both written and verbal skills.
- Capable of adapting quickly to changing priorities.
- Analytical and driven to achieve quantitative and qualitative targets
- Experienced with supporting a global customer base ranging from Entrepreneurs to Enterprise businesses.
- Experienced in developing, championing, and managing internal deliverability programs that have significant, positive, business impact.
- Have basic technical skills including an understanding of APIs and data analytics.
- Understands the technical aspects of email, including FBLs, DNS, DKIM, SPF, DMARC, TLS and other core infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Blocklist Mitigation, Mailbox Filtering Mitigation at Klaviyos scale.
- Relationships with regional ISPs to help inform, educate, and mitigate deliverability issues
- Has experience with cloud infrastructure providers (i.e. SendGrid, Sparkpost, etc)
- Has knowledge of global and regional data collection and handling requirements from both a legislative (CAN-SPAM, GDPR,CASL etc.) and receiver (Gmail, Microsoft etc.) perspective.
- Experienced with or able to quickly pick-up (a plus): Microsoft Office Suite, G-Suite, Google Sheets, PowerPoint, Zendesk, Tableau, and Salesforce; DNS, IPs and other networking concepts; Email marketing, SMS marketing and E-Commerce platforms
The pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation and hourly non-exempt roles are eligible for overtime in accordance with applicable law. This role is eligible for benefits, including: medical, dental and vision coverage, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), flexible paid time off and company-paid holidays and a culture of learning that includes a learning allowance and access to a professional coaching service for all employees.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our company takes the security and privacy of job applicants very seriously. We will never ask for payment, bank details, or personal financial information as part of the application process. All our legitimate job postings can be found on our official career site. Please be cautious of job offers that come from non-company email addresses (@klaviyo.com), instant messaging platforms, or unsolicited calls.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .