At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
About the team
As Klaviyo doubles down on its value of “Always be learning,” the Learning & Development team (part of the broader Learning & Talent Development team) is there to help scale the charge! We’re a growing team eager to grow the impact and ultimately grow development and career opportunities for every employee across the globe! Our reach spans from the newest of new hires joining the organization to the most senior of leaders. The team is currently building out programmatic offerings that will proactively meet the needs of a business brimming with high-slope individuals with relentless curiosity.
About the role
You are a passionate L&D subject matter expert, and seasoned L&D leader ready to continue building out L&D offerings for the entire organization. That said, people leader development is your high priority out of the gate. You will build and execute on our approach to set aspiring people leaders, new people leaders, and seasoned people leaders up for success. You will build and lead a team to scale additional curated and created learning opportunities for all employees of Klaviyo, and leverage the help of an evolving learning technology stack to help accomplish it all. Your team will scale the impact of our Learning Management System and eLearning offerings, partner closely with our Talent Management team to intentionally link learning with role capabilities, and work hand-in-hand with our HRBP team and other stakeholders to design best-in-class learning solutions.
How’ll you’ll have an impact
The best part about Learning & Development? We have the privilege of interacting with every single person across the organization. We help the organization solve hard problems. We help build a culture of learning. We scale “a-ha” learning moments that deliver impact to those who help our customers own their destiny. Your work on people leader development sets not only people leaders up for success, but ultimately everyone on their respective teams. Force multiplier is your middle name as your team helps ensure Klaviyo is the best place for ambitious people to learn and grow.
What we’re looking for
- 8+ years of experience in the learning and development field (bonus points for fast-paced organizations).
- At least 2 years of leadership experience. Developing your team is just as important as developing every single employee.
- You have built a people leader development program from the ground up, resulting in learning, behavior change, and business impact.
- You are a guru with all facets of learning program design–deeply steeped in needs analysis, curriculum development, facilitation, and program management–and you can coach others on those very same skills.
- You can easily articulate the pros and cons of both sides of a build v. buy approach to learning programs, are able to evaluate accordingly, and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Experience with learning technology (LMS and/or LXP) selection and implementation.
- A strong desire to leapfrog best practice. You are so deeply passionate about L&D and want to put Klaviyo on the map as THE place to learn, grow, and develop.
Nice to haves
- Experience in a hybrid work environment.
- Learning program design incorporating newer technologies.
- The ability to laugh at least three times a day. We work hard, but have fun doing it!
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Upon request, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .