At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
As Manager, Customer Onboarding (Growth/SMB), you will be responsible for leading a team of Onboarding Specialists who help set up our entrepreneur (Growth) and small and medium-sized business (SMB) customers for long-term success with Klaviyo. Our Onboarding Specialists are the first point of contact for new customers, guiding them through their first 30-90 days to ensure a successful implementation of the Klaviyo platform, delivering fast time to value and a solid foundation upon which to build upon their marketing and growth strategy.
In this role, you will work closely with other managers across the organization to drive global initiatives to continuously evolve the customer experience as part of our customer-focused, results-driven organization. You will coach and support your team in their development, and you will adapt your team’s processes and ways of working as we constantly strive to improve customer satisfaction and retention. We are looking for individuals who have a track record of finding creative solutions to unique problems, are excited to motivate their team to meet and exceed their goals, and thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly innovating environment.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Serve as a coach and a leader, managing day-to-day operations, performance management, data analytics, and process improvement for a team of 7-10 direct reports.
- Support and advise your team members to drive positive outcomes for our customers, prioritizing rapid time to value and healthy onboarding results which set customers up for long-term success with Klaviyo.
- Proactively identify risk, develop mitigation plans, serve as a point of escalation, and execute resolution plans in a manner that builds trust with both customers and Klaviyo team members.
- Assess customer sentiment and evolving needs for your team, recognize trends, identify best practices, and develop targeted actions to improve outcomes.
- Invest in the professional growth of your team members by working with each to clearly understand career path goals, identify strengths and opportunities for skills-based development, set targets, build growth plans, and provide consistent and clear feedback.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally to understand needs, analyze data, propose solutions, build action plans, and lead internal projects.
- Help to scale and upskill the Onboarding team to support our ever-growing global customer base.
- You will have a great opportunity to work closely with multiple teams such as Product, Engineering, Support, Sales, Success teams (and more)! Example: Gather and analyze customer feedback and work strategically with internal teams to enhance the product in order to achieve customer business objectives.
Who You Are
- Passionate about customers!
- Self-motivated, eager to learn, and energized by a fast-paced environment
- Dedicated to providing the highest-quality customer experience, with a proven track record of driving teams to achieve and exceed customer success-focused metrics.
- An experienced team builder and people leader with strong relationship building skills.
- Agile and adaptable, with an understanding of how to simultaneously move quickly while effectively managing change.
- Recognized as a trustworthy partner with an ability to work across internal teams and leadership to solve problems creatively and collaboratively
- 2+ years managing at least 4 team members or team leads, ideally in a Customer Success Team (CSM or Onboarding/Implementation Specialists) for a high-growth SaaS company
- Experienced in SaaS onboarding, implementation, or project management. Marketing Technology and Marketing Strategy Advising experience is a plus
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Upon request, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .