At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
We are looking for a talented Business Development Manager to join our fast growing Klaviyo Sales organization! In this role, you will lead a team of BDRs that are reaching out to a high volume of new trial users, via phone/email, educating them on e-commerce best practices, demoing the platform, & removing barriers for them to activate their subscription.
The Business Development Manager recruits, trains, develops and supports new and existing BDRs to ensure that they meet specific new business goals on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis. This individual needs a proven track record of at least 1 year experience managing individual contributors and prior closing experience is a plus.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for training and developing their direct reports, monitor important leading indicators of success, as well as collaborate across departments such as Marketing & Product to share critical customer feedback. This individual should have a proven playbook of how to manage 1:1s, weekly meetings, overall cadence with the team and be comfortable refining processes and implementing new systems.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager who is passionate about working in a team environment and ability to hold their team accountable.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- 1:1s with direct reports
- Drive and motivate the team around the key objectives
- Drive system and process efforts in generating and closing new business
- Enforce weekly scorecard reviews to identify gaps in performance and areas for improvement
- Training and development and building out an ongoing skills analysis aimed at designing a scalable curriculum for improvement/advancement
- Inter-Department collaboration across marketing, product, and sales operations
Who You Are:
- Located in the Boston area
- Minimum 1 year of experience managing BDRs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals
- A passion for training and development
- Savvy with data and looking at trend analysis to measure rep performance
- Comfortable with change and a fast paced work environment
- Confident and willing to take part in healthy debates
- Detail oriented, organized and a self-starter
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com .
If you are a California, Colorado, Rhode Island, Washington, New York City, or Jersey City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.