At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
We have an incredible team at Klaviyo - collaborative, capable, diverse, fun - and we won’t settle for less. We’re looking for a passionate Manager, People Technology (Workday) to join our team. This role will report directly to the Senior Manager, People Technology and play a key role in enhancing the People Technology practice at Klaviyo through a combination of Workday technology innovation and people management.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems, collaborate radically, and build technology driven solutions. You aren’t satisfied with taking an ask at face value. You always want to know the desired outcome and will consult to ensure we’re solving for the business need, not just checking the box.
- You provide recommendations that balance meeting the business need and creating scalable, best in class technology solutions and experiences while introducing and championing new technology across the organization to drive adoption, enhance user experience and support key business objectives.
- Manage a small team responsible for executing recurring technology cycles in Workday (Performance Reviews, Advanced Compensation Reviews, Open Enrollment, Year End Cycles, and recurring Equity Programs).
- Responsible for SOX compliance deliverables including recurring and ad hoc audit processes.
- Monitor and recommend changes to improve processes, new technology, and data quality as well as intake, scope, and carryout technology enhancements and changes based on stakeholder requests.
- Partner with stakeholders, People Operations, and People Technology team members to maintain and build out the tech library with documented workflows and procedures.
- Manage testing processes for projects through creating test cases, setting up test cases, and testing different personas through the processes.
- Responsible for understanding, creating, and implementing end to end technology processes, identifying and closing gaps in processes and dependencies and transforming the technology landscape, specifically utilizing data connections.
- Uphold excellent time management skills including technical requirements gathering, integration documentation, testing plans, and cut-over plans from a technology perspective and lead stakeholders through these standards.
Who You Are
- 6+ Years in the Workday ecosystem. Understanding of Workday functional modules so that you can create technology connections (including but not limited to: HCM, Talent Management, Benefits, Compensation, Equity, Time Tracking, Absence, Payroll) with an expertise in carrying out the stages of a software development lifecycle.
- Self-Starter willing to take on the tough projects and challenges to grow and develop yourself and the team. Expertise navigating within ambiguous situations, with high levels of autonomy and leading a small team. Ambitious, creative, radical collaborator, and active listener.
- Global HR Technology experience across multiple countries with the understanding of regulatory technology requirements.
- Experience working for a public company with compliance and public company processes at the forefront.
- Motivated and interested in quickly learning and adapting to new processes and technologies.
- Intellectually curious. You have strong analytical skills, proven experience understanding and effectively working across multiple stakeholders, comfortable working with and communicating large amounts of data findings, experience establishing and tracking metrics.
- Excellent project management skills: ability to communicate via verbal and written communication with and understanding of communication methods by stakeholder personas (executive vs project team members), outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
The pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation and hourly non-exempt roles are eligible for overtime in accordance with applicable law. This role is eligible for benefits, including: medical, dental and vision coverage, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), flexible paid time off and company-paid holidays and a culture of learning that includes a learning allowance and access to a professional coaching service for all employees.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our company takes the security and privacy of job applicants very seriously. We will never ask for payment, bank details, or personal financial information as part of the application process. All our legitimate job postings can be found on our official career site. Please be cautious of job offers that come from non-company email addresses (@klaviyo.com), instant messaging platforms, or unsolicited calls.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .