At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Klaviyo is seeking an Office Operations Team Lead to join our Boston team. We’re looking for someone who is experienced in maintaining an effective and efficient office working environment, genuinely enjoys working with diverse people, and is passionate about creating a welcoming and collaborative environment for both employees and visitors. This highly impactful role will be part of the Fin Ops Organization, report directly to the Manager of Office Operations and Facilities, and will work cross-functionally with IT, People Operations, Marketing, Employee Experience, and others. This person will have the opportunity to join us on our mission to enable Klaviyos to thrive, to contribute to a uniquely special culture, and to make the company the place where the best-of-the-best come to work.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Manage day to day operations of our Boston office.
- Act as primary contact for landlord and property management. Handle building related needs and requirements.
- Act as primary escalation point for off-hours emergency response and support (power outages, HVAC, snow emergencies, etc.)
- Responsible for creating, enforcing and maintaining office policies, procedures and safety standards (emergency evacuation plan, visitor registration, security, ADA/OSHA compliance, etc.)
- Manage all vendor and service provider relationships, including coordinating with existing providers and researching new solutions. Work closely with Procurement to ensure best pricing and service levels available.
- Help facilitate the future of work strategy. Monitor federal, state and local guidelines.
- Partner with the People Operations and Employee Experience teams to facilitate employee events, company meetings, lunch & learns, customer meet-ups, etc.
- Maintain the overall appearance, maintenance, organization, and cleanliness of the office. Ensure workstations, conference rooms and public spaces are clean and presentable.
- Utilize building ticketing system to place maintenance and building support requests.
- Oversee inventory and supply management of office supplies, cleaning supplies, bathroom supplies, PPE, etc.
- Manage in-office food and beverage programs. Research solutions and pricing, while being mindful of budget, employee feedback, and allergy/dietary restrictions.
- Oversee building access process and ensure access cards are being created properly.
- Work with building security to ensure office access policies are being followed.
- Oversee and mentor a team of office coordinators.
- Manage office improvement efforts including small office build outs and procurement of office equipment.
- Monitor office utilization and coordinate with Talent Acquisition on new hire projections to ensure proper capacity planning and space optimization.
- Assist in WeWork account administration
- Assist security in ensuring the office remains safe and secure.
- Be an ambassador of company culture and values. Foster collaboration and creativity. Be approachable, reliable and energetic.
Who You Are
- 3-5+ years of office, facilities, or property management experience.
- 5 Days in office is required.
- Prior customer service or event management experience is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize workload, follow through, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Comfortable owning projects and making decisions; takes initiative and works well independently as well as with others.
- Customer service oriented; outgoing and personable; polished approach with internal and external clients
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing needs and requirements.
- Comfortable with creating new processes from scratch.
- Strong attention to detail, can learn quickly and understand big picture concepts.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Upon request, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .