At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Onboarding Specialist - APAC
Klaviyo is a leading marketing platform that helps eCommerce store owners deliver a more personalized experience for their customers. Klaviyo has helped brands across the world make more than $3.7 billion in revenue in the last year alone. It has never been easier to create deeper, higher-value customer relationships, which is why an average of 67 brands move to Klaviyo every day.
As an organization, we approach challenges with humility, radical collaboration, take ownership of our contributions, and embrace a growth mindset that pushes us to be remarkable each day.
Klaviyo’s Commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI): Klaviyo believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
About The Team
We are looking for an Onboarding Specialist to join our Sydney Office who is passionate about providing the best onboarding experience and support to APAC customers.
Our Sydney team began to take shape in early 2022 and has now built our go to market teams in sales, customer success, partnerships, marketing, recruiting and product support. As the team grows we will see a continued expansion of Klaviyo’s customer base and the building of a fantastic working culture in line with what we see elsewhere in Klaviyo but with its own local identity. This is your unique opportunity to join us at a very early stage and help to shape our future.
About The Role
As an Onboarding Specialist, you will be the first point of contact with new Klaviyo customers, guiding them through their first 30-45 days of setup and enablement. Our customers vary in size and experience so we are looking for individuals who have a track record of finding creative solutions to unique problems, who thrive in challenging situations and want to apply these skills to solve problems for customers using our software.
- Own customer relationships from completed sale through successful “go live”
- Lead the implementation phase for new customers including project scope definition, project plan development, project resources, and project timeline
- Onboard new clients, so they are set up for success by providing strategic advice and guidance, responding to client questions in a timely manner, providing Klaviyo best practices to ensure clients are achieving their goals
- Proactively review customer dashboards, address any open issues and ensure consistent messaging and appropriate escalation
- Follow-up in a timely manner on all customer questions via phone and email
- Communicate thoughtfully to provide answers to questions for both technical and non-technical end users while also supporting a wide range of technologies
- Diagnose software issues and resolve customer complaints using established processes
- Provide support and guidance on technical and non-technical related questions (e.g: marketing, sales, other ecommerce setup questions) to build out the customer's initial campaign
- Communicate thoughtfully and effectively with all Klaviyo customers and advocate for them throughout the entire onboarding process.
- Proactively surface, coordinate and drive new ideas to improve onboarding processes. This includes being the product expert and working with product and engineering teams for integration improvements, customer setup and UI improvements and anything else that prevents any customers from making email revenue faster.
- Monitors onboarding health (time to first KAV) across all new customers and acts as a point of escalation.
- Conduct onboarding post-mortems, create recommendations based on lessons learned, identify both successful and unsuccessful elements of onboarding/implementations, and document established best practices for onboarding.
- Contribute feedback to Product/Engineering on product improvements to enhance customer engagement.
- Work to set priorities and establish a technical health plan for open problems and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Communicate thoughtfully to provide answers to questions for both technical and non-technical end users while also supporting a wide range of technologies to reach their goals.
- Document troubleshooting and problem resolution steps.
- Contribute to a positive team environment of collaboration, customer empathy, equality, and inclusion.
Preferred Experience & Skills
- 2-3+ years of customer onboarding experience with a track record for building and nurturing relationships with multiple stakeholders on an account at a time.
- A thoughtful communicator who is excellent at communicating through a variety of channels that require both written and verbal skills.
- Experience explaining how to reach key goals using software with end users
- A track record for creative problem solving for customers and end users.
- Experience in marketing or advising customers on marketing strategy is a plus.
- Thrives in a collaborative environment
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Experience with various project management methodologies; scrum, agile, waterfall etc
- Excellent communication skills via phone, video conference and email.
- Curious and eager to learn
- Able to adapt in a quickly changing environment
- Experience with: Microsoft Office Suite, G-Suite, Google Sheets, PowerPoint, Gainsight
- Track record managing customer relationships through Salesforce or similar CRMs
- Experience using email marketing platforms and E-Commerce platforms a plus
- Eligibility to work in Australia without restrictions
As part of the Klaviyo team you will be looked after with some great benefits, including private health cover for you and discounted for your household, financial and professional coaching, a generous annual learning allowance ($4.2k AUSD), 22 weeks maternity leave full pay primary caregiver leave (16 week secondary), unlimited holiday and free books (yes, any books!) to name a few.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com .
If you are a Colorado or New York City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found here .
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.