At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Klaviyo is a technology company that combines customer data and marketing software. We help businesses of every size — from entrepreneurs to iconic brands — deliver amazing experiences across email and other owned channels. We thrive on solving challenging problems and our mission is to empower creators to own their destiny. Please note that this role is located in Boston and requires a hybrid, onsite component.
About the Team:
Our Product Design team is organized into a series of product pillars, where multiple teams contribute to the goals of a larger mission. This role sits within the Communication pillar which helps Klaviyo customers get started with our app, utilize the tools needed to capture new customers, and craft personalized communications to build lasting relationships with them.
About the Role:
Klaviyo customers use Flows to automate their marketing by creating their own workflows. Users set up these workflows via a drag and drop visual builder. Once set up, customers enter these workflows in real time and can receive email, SMS, and push notifications; or trigger generic outbound webhooks to integrate with other services. Flows are a critical component of Klaviyo’s feature set and allow Klaviyo users to personalize their messages and target their customers at the right moment to get the most value out of their communications strategy.
The Flows team is looking for a Product Designer to help craft and execute on a vision for a best-in-class experience for Klaviyo’s customers. As a designer on this team, you will develop a deep understanding of the customer journey, as well as the motivations and behaviors of a Klaviyo customer creating and managing their flows automations.
You will work closely with the dedicated team of Product Managers, Engineers, and Researchers to help shape the future of our product. The ideal candidate is excited about tackling ambitious design problems, leveraging design to drive product strategy, and creating features that are fast, intuitive and inspirational.
How You’ll Have an Impact:
- Advocate for good user experience across our flows automation journey
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and valuable outputs for our rapidly growing customer base
- Collaborate with our design system team to establish new patterns of interaction, when necessary
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineers, Researchers and Content Strategists to oversee new templates and our templates library
- Demonstrate an experimental mindset to learn quickly and iterate on initiatives
- Give, solicit, and take feedback from other designers, engineers, and product managers to continually raise our bar for quality
- Understand and co-own the success metrics for owned product areas
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of professional design experience
- A sharp sense of composition and style, using combinations of color, typography, layout and messaging to express different messages
- A portfolio of projects supporting end-to-end product development cycle, from audience definition to product adoption
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative UX process, including wire-framing, prototyping, user research, and design systems
- Design experience across a variety of platforms (desktop, tablet, iOS, Android, etc.)
Nice to Have:
- Experience in e-commerce or automations
- Ability to adapt to new information and an openness to change conclusions when necessary; if one approach doesn’t work, you’re ready to try something else
- Experience designing with Figma
- Experience developing or contributing to an actively evolving design system
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Upon request, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .