At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Product Managers at Klaviyo are instrumental in crafting a great product and first-class experience for our customers. They are skilled practitioners who have been directly responsible for identifying the most important problems to solve for customers and collaborating with various cross-functional teams to deliver the right improvements to a product. At Klaviyo, you’ll work in the kind of high-growth environment that offers unlimited potential. The potential to be a driving force of an evolving product roadmap and vision for your product area and the potential to define new ways of working for the next generation of Product Managers. Klaviyo’s fast growth will ensure that there are no shortage of opportunities for your personal and professional growth.
Why You Should Join the International SMS team
As a Product Manager for the International SMS team, you’ll be responsible for expanding Klaviyo SMS offerings internationally. We already offer SMS in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the UK but we wish to expand in 2023 and beyond. You’ll work closely with your own engineering team, design, other PMs on related teams and other stakeholders to influence our expansion plans and to ensure we successfully launch in each country including phone number management, compliance needs and go-to-market considerations. You will also monitor changes in these countries as they happen to ensure we are on top of how we need to adapt to changing regulations and practices.
SMS is a fast-growing part of Klaviyo’s business and this is an opportunity to be a critical part of that growth. The PM for this role will own and define the strategy and roadmap for this product area to help shape the future of this work. You will be Klaviyo’s first PM hire in the UK and will help us build out best practices for working with teams across time zones.
You’ll report to the Group Product Manager, Mobile Platform.
How You Will Make a Difference
- The ultimate measure of success for Product Managers at Klaviyo is positively impacting our customers and moving towards the results we care about. You will focus on tracking, analyzing, and improving metrics for your area of the product to ensure Klaviyo is achieving those results.
- We cannot build products that exceed our customer’s expectations without truly understanding those customers. At Klaviyo, knowledge about our customers is power. You will spend a lot of time engaging with our customers to build their voice into your product area.
- Product Managers at Klaviyo think deeply and analytically. We strive to make the best decision possible at all times by leveraging our rigor of thought. You will tease out problems, break them down into small, digestible pieces, and put them back together as elegant solutions for our customers.
- You are exceptional at articulating your thinking through the written word. As a company, our success hinges on collectively being great and prolific communicators.
- Product Managers are expected to be experts on their product area and grow into collaborative peers that help accelerate or level up the product team as a whole. You bring a bias for action and thoughtful opinions about how we work to help Klaviyo continue to evolve in how we build products.
What You’ll Do
Collaborate and communicate - you will collaborate with all teams within the company and all parties outside of the company to be most effective in your role.
Manage a roadmap - you will prioritize all potential projects for our product area, and focus on those with the largest impact.
Write great specs - you will define every use case a customer would consider, document potential ways to solve, identify outstanding concerns, flag edge cases, and leave no stone unturned. You sweat the details and are passionate about making sure that every experience is understood, anticipated, and handled elegantly.
Ship features - you will get value into customer hands. For all of the work that goes into planning and coordination, we stay focused on delivering improved solutions and experiences every day.
Learn - you will be a voracious learner. A lack of experience/knowledge around a challenge is an invitation to dive deep and become an expert in that area. You should love learning and tackling new challenges.
Your First 90 Days
In your first 30 days , you will get acclimated to Klaviyo and our product:
- During the first two weeks, you will be immersed in an onboarding program that introduces you to the company and the product.
- Be introduced to everyone you will need to know in order to be successful in your role.
In your first 60 days , you will become a valuable member of the team:
- Take ownership of a key area of the product, and become the go-to expert for that area.
- Have a quick impact by spec’ing and building your first product features.
- Sync up with key stakeholders for your product area and establish the best way to work together
In your first 90 days , you will continue to increase your influence:
- Formulate the strategy and roadmap for your product area.
- Start contributing to knowledge sharing with the larger product team. We value learning and growth very highly.
Who You Are
Required / Must Have
- 1-3 years of product management experience in B2B and/or eCommerce
- Strong written communication skills with an emphasis on brevity and clarity for complex topics
- Empathic and deeply curious with an ability to leverage these attributes to do great product work
- Great collaborator with low/no ego who can move complex projects forward with cross-functional peers (e.g. engineering, design)
- This role is based out of London, however Klaviyo has a hybrid working model
- Authorisation to work in the UK without restriction.
Desirable / Nice to Have
- Experience working in the Mobile/SMS industry
- Experience working closely with go to market teams
- Experience working with teams across multiple time zones
- Well-versed in working asynchronously by default
- Willingness to ship iteratively
- Excels at building and maintaining relationships to operate on a foundation of trust with cross-functional peers, Klaviyo leadership, and customers
Klaviyo in EMEA;
London was our first non-US location for Klaviyo, opening up in 2019 and growing since then to a large team of people with teams across Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Services, Partnerships, IT and HR. Collectively in EMEA we are contributing a significant part of Klaviyo’s overall global success, growth to date and opportunity that lies ahead. The good news is that we are still at a stage where everyone coming into the business has the opportunity to make a real tangible impact that you will be able to see and feel.
We are proud of everything we have built here in EMEA, a vibrant diverse team embracing hybrid working in line with the way the world of work has changed. When Klaviyos do travel to the office you’ll be able to use your monthly commuter allowance if you need it. Once here you'll be able to enjoy the comforts of an incredible environment with all the perks we love and you’d expect such as, free snacks / drinks, a peloton studio and a roof terrace overlooking the city to rival anything you’d find in London as well as regular team celebrations and company lunches.
As part of the Klaviyo team you will be looked after with some great benefits locally in EMEA including equity for all, private health cover for you and discounted for your household, financial and professional coaching, a generous annual learning allowance (£2.5k), 22 weeks full pay primary care giver leave (16 week secondary) and free books (yes, any books!) to name a few.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com .
If you are a California, Colorado, Rhode Island, Washington, New York City, or Jersey City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.