At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Klaviyo has an exciting new opportunity in our New Products org responsible for identifying new, unique challenges to solve for our customers. Product Owners in the New Products team are fast-moving leaders who own the delivery of product roadmaps which help drive significant business outcomes. Compared to Product Managers, Product Owners are more entrepreneurial and flexible in their approach, focusing on the success and growth of the new product area they’re responsible for. They pair closely with leaders of each new product to drive visible business outcomes in scrappy ways. At Klaviyo, you’ll work in the kind of high-growth environment that offers big potential, and Klaviyo’s fast growth will ensure that opportunities abound.
As a Product Owner for Klaviyo Reviews, you will join a unique, entrepreneurial team building a startup within Klaviyo! Reviews is one of our newest products and is growing rapidly. You will lead the charge in growing a new product at Klaviyo scale by leading a team of designers and engineers to execute the features and improvements. You will report to the Head of Reviews, sharing your learnings and influencing the strategy and plans for the product. This is a highly visible project where your work has a clear and direct impact on business metrics, and you’re given a high degree of autonomy to make things happen.
How You’ll Make a Difference:
- The ultimate measure of success for Product Owners at Klaviyo is driving business outcomes. That’s why we focus on tracking, analyzing, and improving metrics for each area of our product, with a particular focus on driving the results we target.
- You will work alongside the Head of Reviews to understand and collaborate on the vision and strategy of the product and the business unit. You will own the execution of that vision and strategy by driving product development and roadmap delivery.
- We cannot build products that exceed our customer’s expectations without truly understanding those customers. That’s why Product Owners at Klaviyo spend a significant amount of time interacting with customers, from helping with sales to support. At Klaviyo, knowledge about our customers is power.
- Product Owners at Klaviyo think deeply, quickly, and analytically. You should love to tease out problems, break them down to small, digestible pieces, and put them back together elegantly.
- Someone who joins Klaviyo must be exceptional at articulating their thinking through presentations and the written word. As a company, our success is gated on collectively being great and prolific communicators.
- You will scope out the end-to-end experience for our users and identify the right partners to deliver on an exceptional customer experience. Your influence will span across many teams, from Engineering and Design to Marketing and Customer Success. You are ultimately responsible for on-time and high-quality delivery of customer experiences.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate and communicate - you will collaborate with cross-functional teams within the company and all parties outside of the company to be most effective in your role.
- Execute a roadmap - you will take an existing roadmap and execute it with great efficiency and speed, leading efforts with engineering, design, and other stakeholders.
- Create clarity through presenting and writing - You will work across engineering, design, and other stakeholders to ensure our specs and plans are clear and aligned.
- Keep our work organized - You will keep the team and our product work organized by maintaining the backlog and driving key team meetings, such as sprint plannings and retrospectives. You are the go-to person for plans and timelines for everyone else in the org.
- Ship features - You will get value into customer hands. For all of the work that goes into planning and coordination, we stay focused on delivering improved solutions and experiences every day.
- Solve customer issues - When customers run into challenges that others can’t solve, you will lead the team in triaging, identifying potential solutions, and deciding on the best path forward.
- Learn - you will be a voracious learner. A lack of experience/knowledge around a challenge is an invitation to dive deep and become an expert in that area. You should love learning and tackling new challenges.
Your First 90 Days
In your first 30 days , you will get acclimated to Klaviyo and our product:
- During the first two weeks, you will be immersed in an onboarding program that introduces you to the company and the product.
- Extensively familiarize yourself with Klaviyo’s platform and the Reviews product, including its functionality, business metrics, customer feedback, and future plans.
- Spend time listening to and shadowing customer calls.
- Familiarize yourself with the product vision, roadmap and strategy by working closely with the Head of Reviews.
In your first 60 days , you will become a valuable member of the team:
- Take ownership of your key area of the product, and become the go-to expert for that area.
- Have a quick impact by building your first major product features, with coaching from internal subject matter experts in this product space.
- Start owning the execution of product changes, from feature specs to bug fixes to customer issues. Ensure timely and quality delivery of product changes.
In your first 90 days , you will continue to increase your influence:
- Form a strong point of view on the product, and work with the Head of Reviews, who owns the product roadmap, to affect change and future plans.
- Maintain all documentation and artifacts and be the go-to owner of the Reviews product for other teams, such as Design, Engineering, Marketing and Support.
- Start contributing to knowledge sharing with the larger Reviews team. We value learning and growth very highly.
- Evangelize the Reviews product across the organization, driving cross-team collaboration where needed to ensure a deeply integrated and delightful customer experience.
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of product management experience.
- A go-getter – owning your work, and taking initiative.
- Resourceful and flexible and has a strong focus on getting things done without strict processes or guidance for every move.
- Track record of self-driven work on software products where you shipped significant feature changes with an R&D team.
- Able to create clarity about the problems we are solving, the solutions and scopes we are building, and the steps we are taking to deliver value to customers. It is your job to reduce ambiguity, ensure visibility and alignment of your projects.
- Organized and have a strong attention to detail that helps guide you in making decisions and delivering high quality products.
- Entrepreneurial spirit matters more than years of experience and seniority.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Upon request, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .