At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
This role is an experienced Compensation Manager who will be a thought partner to the Director of Compensation, GTM Ops leadership, and cross-functional stakeholders to design and implement effective and scalable compensation programs.
This role provides strategic recommendations and implementation incentive compensation programs for client facing employees, including data-driven research, cost modeling and trend analysis. You will work closely with go-to-market Leadership, Sales Operations, Finance, and Legal. This role manages the administration and improvements of incentive compensation programs.
As a key part of our broader GTM Ops, Enablement, and Systems team, this individual will work across the GTM Ops team to power Klaviyo’s growth through analytics and insights that enable scalable compensation practices.
How You'll Make a Difference:
- Design and implementation of compensation programs that align with the company’s strategic goals, values and support a high-performance culture through strategic partnership with our leadership team.
- Manage the administration of all incentive plans to ensure incentives are paid on time and adhere to design governance. Oversees calculations for monthly and quarterly commission and accruals, and resolves disputes.
- Serves as an SME demonstrating knowledge surrounding Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) systems configuration of changes in Captivate IQ, and participates in commissions related User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Independently develop process efficiencies to support end to end automation.
- Develop cost modeling and scenario analysis by synthesizing information from multiple sources and assist in interpreting findings to help leadership make informed decisions.
- Provide the business with data and analytic insights on sales effectiveness and continually enhance dashboard visualizations.
- Enable ongoing review, evaluation and modification of new and updated SPIF’s and contests.
- Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with key business partners within People Operations, Finance, and Sales.
- Work with the Legal Department to confirm plans are in compliance. Ensure compliance with SOX and other related policies and significantly raise the bar in terms of data, business process, and access security.
- Help build compensation foundations and team culture as we continue our global expansion and provide regional support and infrastructure across AMER, EMEA and APJ.
Who You Are:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal oversight, using discretion, experience and data to make strategic recommendations to the business.
- Works in a proactive and collaborative manner to drive efficiency - eliminating manual processes where possible.
- Strong data visualization & communication skills and ability to effectively influence VP level stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficient with Google Suite or related software.
- Knowledge of Tableau preferred.
- Experience working in Commissions Tools such as CaptiveIQ or related commission software. Salesforce, Gsuite, Excel. Familiarity with SQL is a bonus.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in Sales Compensation, Finance, Business Analysis, or knowledge transferable function.
- 2+ years experience designing and/or configuring an ICM platform is strongly preferred (Captivate, Xactly, Varicent, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Business, Accounting, Finance, Math or a related field) is required for this role.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com .
If you are a California, Colorado, Rhode Island, Washington, New York City, or Jersey City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.