At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
The MM+ Sales Manager recruits, trains, develops and supports new and experienced Account Executives to ensure that they meet specific new business goals on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Responsible for training and developing their direct reports, while also being on top of the forecast and important lead indicators of success.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- 1:1s with direct reports.
- Drive and motivate the team around the key objectives.
- Identify and address gaps in performance and areas for improvement.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Manage the accuracy of the forecast.
- Drive outbound efforts in generating and closing new business.
- Training and development and building out an ongoing skills analysis aimed at designing a scalable curriculum for improvement/advancement.
- Inter-department collaboration across product, marketing, training, support and sales enablement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of how to manage 1:1s, team meetings, overall cadence with the team and most importantly a strategy for generating and closing outbound opportunities of a high level of complexity and longer/more strategic sales cycle.
- Experience either in management or as an individual contributor at working complex accounts that require legal modifications, RFP and ROI reports, security assessments, and creating work back plans.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals who are tenured in their sales experience.
- A passion for training and development.
- Savvy with data and looking at trend analysis to measure rep performance.
- Confident and willing to take part in healthy debates.
- Detail oriented, organized and a self-starter.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Strong coaching and leadership skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years of mid-market/enterprise/strategic Account Executive experience.
- Proven track record of being a consistent top sales performer - experience in the MarTech space a plus.
- 1+ years of team lead and/or management experience, a plus - team lead/management experience in mid-market/enterprise/strategic sales preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience, a Bachelor’s degree or above a plus.
The pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation and hourly non-exempt roles are eligible for overtime in accordance with applicable law. This role is eligible for benefits, including: medical, dental and vision coverage, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), flexible paid time off and company-paid holidays and a culture of learning that includes a learning allowance and access to a professional coaching service for all employees.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our company takes the security and privacy of job applicants very seriously. We will never ask for payment, bank details, or personal financial information as part of the application process. All our legitimate job postings can be found on our official career site. Please be cautious of job offers that come from non-company email addresses (@klaviyo.com), instant messaging platforms, or unsolicited calls.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .