At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
We are looking for a talented Sales Manager to join our fast growing Klaviyo Sales organization! In this role as a Sales Manager, you will lead a team of Account Executives selling into our Upper Small Business Segment, and be responsible for increasing our client base through inbound, outbound and partner channels.
In this role, you will recruit, develop and support new and existing Account Executives to ensure that they meet specific new business goals on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis. The role will report into our Director of Sales. This individual needs a proven track record of at least 2 years experience managing individual contributors. In addition experience working more complex accounts (Enterprise accounts a plus), which require building out work back plans, ROI reports, security assessments and legal modifications.
You'll be responsible for training and developing your direct reports (a team of 8-9), while also being on top of the forecast and important lead indicators of success. This individual should have a proven playbook of how to manage 1:1s, weekly meetings, overall cadence with the team and most importantly a strategy for generating outbound opportunities.
We are looking for a Sales Manager who is passionate about working in a team environment and has the ability to hold their team accountable.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Hold 1:1s with direct reports
- Manage the accuracy of your forecast
- Ongoing mentorship and development of a sales team which includes recruiting, hiring and training
- Drive and motivate the team around key objectives
- Drive outbound efforts in generating and closing new business
- Enforce weekly scorecard reviews to identify gaps in performance and areas for improvement
- Inter-department collaboration across product, marketing, training, support
Who You Are:
- Located in Denver, CO
- 3+ years of Account Executive experience - experience in high-transaction sales preferred
- Minimum 1.5 years management experience required, 3+ years preferred
- Experience either in management or as an individual contributor at working complex accounts that require legal modifications, RFPs, security assessments, creating work back plans
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals who are tenured in their sales experience
- A passion for training and development
- Savvy with data and looking at trend analysis to measure rep performance
- Comfortable with change and a fast paced work environment
- Confident and willing to take part in healthy debates
- Detail oriented, organized and a self-starter
- Strong coaching and leadership skills
- Proven track record in the MarTech space a plus
The pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation and hourly non-exempt roles are eligible for overtime in accordance with applicable law. This role is eligible for benefits, including: medical, dental and vision coverage, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), flexible paid time off and company-paid holidays and a culture of learning that includes a learning allowance and access to a professional coaching service for all employees.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our company takes the security and privacy of job applicants very seriously. We will never ask for payment, bank details, or personal financial information as part of the application process. All our legitimate job postings can be found on our official career site. Please be cautious of job offers that come from non-company email addresses (@klaviyo.com), instant messaging platforms, or unsolicited calls.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .