At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Klaviyo is seeking a Senior Security Development Operations (SDO) Software Engineer to join the Security and Trust organization. In this role you will work closely with other security teams to build software platforms, secure code libraries, new security based features to support the security organizations mission of reducing risk while maintaining secure development speed. Developing software for the general security use case that reaches across teams vs point security solutions for risks is the development philosophy within SDO. As a Senior SDO Software Engineer you will be responsible for providing security support to multiple teams across Klaviyo to ultimately enable those teams to securely and independently develop and maintain secure software and tooling.
How you will make a difference:
- Build high impact security solutions within the Klaviyo application
- Support development teams by consulting on new product development
- Develop internal security tooling to support the Security Operations mission
- Work with the Offensive Security and Detection & Response teams to provide infrastructure to support offensive and defensive capabilities
- Assist teams so they can remediate security vulnerabilities and reduce risk by implementing secure code practices / tooling.
- Build automation to prevent security issues from entering our environments or augment security team workflows
- Identify security gaps and determine best ways to increase visibility and reduce risk
- Conduct periodic security reviews of proposed software projects, work with development teams during project development to implement secure code practices, make recommendations across the organization to better secure our code and platforms.
Technologies we use (not exhaustive):
- Python, Django, React, RabbitMQ, Celery, MySQL, Redis, Memcached
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, Aurora, etc.), Terraform, Jenkins
- Splunk, Snowflake, Lacework, Tines, Jira
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 4+ years of hands-on secure software development
- Experience developing web applications
- Django or other modern platforms
- Strong development experience with Python
- Understanding of OWASP top 10 and countermeasures
- Experience deploying software/applications to complex cloud environments (AWS preferred)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform
- Experience in deploying workloads to Kubernetes
- Automation-first approach for all work performed
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team player with a strong, self-managing work ethic
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Upon request, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .