At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
The Senior Accountant of External Reporting and Technical Accounting is responsible for driving external reporting functions, including assisting with the preparation and review of quarterly/annual reporting packages, preparation of the disclosure checklist, and collaborating across function to ensure the accuracy of financial presentation matters. The Senior Accountant will also be responsible for the identification, research, and application of accounting treatment for non-routine and significant transactions (e.g. acquisitions, restructuring, goodwill impairment, segment reporting, R&D classification, revenue recognition, debt modification, equity accounting). This includes the preparation of accounting memorandums, coordinating with external auditors, and ensuring appropriate presentation within the financial statements.
How You’ll Have Impact
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow and related notes) in accordance with U.S.GAAP
- Coordinate with various stakeholders to ensure the financial statements are presented completely and accurately
- Support external audit requests and inquiries by coordinating the completion and review of assigned audit requests and identifying, understanding, and implementing accounting policies and procedures
- Responsible for preparation of GAAP disclosure checklist for the financial statements
- Assist in the assessment and implementation of new accounting standards issued from the FASB, EITF, SEC, and other applicable accounting standards
- Prepare Consolidated Balance Sheet and P&L flux files quarterly
- Assist in the execution of internal controls related to external reporting and technical accounting
- Assist in drafting/updating the Company’s accounting policies and procedures
- Proactively identify, research, evaluate, and document technical accounting implications of complex and/or non-standard transactions (e.g. acquisitions, restructuring, segment reporting, R&D classification, revenue recognition, equity accounting)
- Assist in special projects that require technical accounting assessments, such as acquisitions, registration statements, debt offerings, other filings, etc. on an as needed basis
- Responsible for coordinating and reviewing valuations prepared by external consultants
- Collaborate effectively with the internal audit function to ensure effective alignment with internal controls policies executions
Who You Are:
- BS Degree in Accounting
- CPA (active) required
- Requires 3 - 5 years of accounting experience with exposure to both consolidation/external reporting under SEC requirements and technical accounting topics
- Big Four public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Technology and SaaS industry experience strongly preferred
- Exceptional knowledge of US GAAP across all accounting areas expected of a public company
- Business Combination, acquisition, and due diligence experience preferred
- Superior organization skills, ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize, monitor workflow in meeting critical deadline and project timetables
- Excellent system and computer skills, with strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, experience with NetSuite preferred
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Effective writing, communication, problem solving, interpersonal, analytical and time management skills required
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Upon request, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .