At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
The Klaviyo content strategy team is a business unit within the larger Klaviyo marketing team. Our mission is to create compelling content throughout the marketing funnel to drive brand awareness, performance metrics (including organic search traffic volume and lead gen), and retention as measured through NPS.
The Klaviyo content strategy team offers the fast pace and excitement of working for a startup, the stability and resources of a large, established organization, and the opportunity to be on the front lines of innovation in an industry that is rapidly growing––marketing automation.
We are looking for an experienced content marketing manager to join our team. This role will be responsible for architecting and evolving a comprehensive content strategy and content production for Klaviyo’s case study program. The ideal candidate combines excellent project management skills with strong interviewing and editorial capabilities. Case studies will be required across our small business and mid-market audiences, with at least 25% of case studies turning into longer form storytelling pieces for our blog.
Key responsibilities include: case study editorial calendar development and management, case study go to market management including customer scheduling and both customer and legal approval, ensuring editorial integrity/quality, and frequent communications with the sales and marketing leadership team to ensure we are attaining the right case studies for business needs.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the case study content strategy and case study GTM with responsibility for architecting a cohesive case study content strategy and storyline deliverability throughout marketing channels, delivering on KPIs and sharing results with leadership.
- Drive case study content creation aligned to audience-centric demand generation, pipeline maturation, and customer adoption strategies.
- Maintain case study content editorial calendar and reporting, ensuring GTM and promotion of content is timely and effective, including collaborating on and ensuring agreed upon GTM across SEO, performance, social media, PR, and lifecycle teams.
- Interview customers, write case studies, and write long-form blog content based on case study interviews.
- Manage a case study repository including customer quotes about the company that can be used across marketing assets.
- Determine when a case study theme has been reached, and when / if we can repurpose case studies into white papers for additional lead generation.
- Liaison with the sales team and marketing team for audience insights and additional content direction to ensure all teams get the assets they need as they need them.
- Manage the creative team GTM side-by-side with our creative liaisons to ensure timely production of assets
- Manage the legal approval of content in a GTM motion side-by-side with our legal team, ensuring timely production
- Stay on top of trends within multiple industries in the retail sector
What You Will Need:
- 7+ years of B2B content marketing or ecommerce tech content marketing
- BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or related field
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of digital marketing channels and strategies (Blog, Search, Social, Video, Email, etc) and written communication designed to drive action
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills across multiple stakeholders, seniority levels, and teams, including ability to tell a cohesive story through Google Slides
- Excellent interview and writing skills
- Strong analytical abilities in researching topics and distilling out the critical issues
- Proactive attitude and team player with prioritization superskills
- Understanding and commitment to upholding high editorial standards and integrity of practice
- Prior experience working with business software, including Google Docs, Google Analytics, and Content Management Systems (CMS)
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com .
If you are a Colorado or New York City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found here .
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.