At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Klaviyo is looking for a Senior Corporate Paralegal to join our growing Legal team. As a member of Klaviyo’s Global Legal team, you will join a diverse, talented and collaborative group of in-house lawyers and other legal professionals in helping Klaviyo achieve its goals. This is a hybrid opportunity located in one of our US Hubs - Boston MA, Denver CO, or Bay Area CA.
In this role, you will be responsible for a range of corporate and governance functions across our global organization, including managing our entities and corporate filings, assisting with board and committee matters and various special projects (M&A, strategic transactions, etc.), maintaining our data room and document repository, and providing support on various regulatory reporting requirements. You will work cross functionally with Klaviyo’s Legal, Accounting, Finance, Investor Relations, Tax and Treasury teams and engage with all levels of the business.
How you will make a difference:
- Managing and maintaining Klaviyo’s foreign and domestic subsidiaries, state registrations and ongoing reporting requirements, and liaising with our corporate registrars and registered agents as necessary
- Assisting in corporate governance and board and committee matters, including preparing, organizing, and filing materials for board and committee meetings, including resolutions, minutes, consents and other documentation as requested
- Supporting the preparation and filing of regulatory reports and disclosure statements if and when applicable (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, proxy, Section 16 filings, etc.), including assisting with preparation of disclosure, maintaining calendars, managing vendors, preparing materials, coordinating mailings, and more
- Assisting with director administration matters, including questionnaires, annual director evaluations and records related to director affiliations
- Supporting corporate and strategic transactions through data room administration, document preparation and post-closing integration and administration
- Managing and maintaining Klaviyo’s internal data room, including uploading new/relevant documentation and managing requests and invitations for access
- Coordinating with other members of Klaviyo’s Legal Team and other departments, including Accounting, Finance, Investor Relations, Tax, Treasury, and others as needed
- Building and maintaining strong relationships within the Legal team and other teams across Klaviyo
- Performing other related duties and ad hoc projects as required
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience as a corporate paralegal or similar function in the legal department of publicly traded companies or law firms
- A deep understanding of requirements, best practices, processes and procedures related to corporate governance, entity administration and SEC reporting
- Experience working with a board of directors, senior management and cross-functional teams
- A team player with a positive attitude, strong work ethic, good sense of humor, and a willingness to “roll up their sleeves” to get jobs of all sizes done
- Comfortable operating in ambiguity and adapting to shifting priorities
- Sound business judgment and strategic, analytical thinking
- Professional with discretion to handle confidential and sensitive matters
- Detail-oriented, excited about process improvement, and driven to make an impact
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience with corporate management and governance tools (e.g. Nasdaq, Diligent, Merrill)
- Experience with electronic signature tools (e.g. DocuSign, HelloSign, AdobeSign)
Nice to have:
- Paralegal certification
- Notary license
- Experience managing or assisting with stock plan administration, including experience with stock plan administration systems, review and execution of 10b5-1 plans, trading blackouts and employee share purchase programs
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com .
If you are a California, Colorado, Rhode Island, Washington, New York City, or Jersey City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.