At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
At Klaviyo, we love tackling tough engineering problems and look for Engineers who specialize in certain areas but are passionate about building, owning & scaling features end to end from scratch and breaking through any obstacle or technical challenge in their way. We push each other to move out of our comfort zone, learn new technologies and work hard to ensure each day is better than the last.
Klaviyo operates a real-time data platform written in Python and built for massive scale on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Engineers come to Klaviyo with experience in a variety of languages and from a number of disciplines.
We are seeking a backend-leaning Software Engineer to join the C3 Team ( ( Catalogs, Coupons, & Custom Objects) to help develop new features that make profile data more useful to more customers and grow the existing platform to multiply its current scale. The profile data that this team owns is core to every part of Klaviyo’s business and you will have the opportunity to work with many stakeholders across Engineering and the rest of Klaviyo to impact this highly important area!
Technologies we use (not exhaustive):
- Python, Django
- MySQL, Redis
- RabbitMQ, Celery, Kafka, Apache Pulsar
- AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, Jenkins, and other modern DevOps tools
- Graphite, statsd, Grafana
- React, Typescript, Webpack, Fastly
How You'll Make a Difference
- Own customer-facing features that tens thousands of our customers rely on daily to reach 4B+ of consumers to drive their business forward
- Help evolve an existing architecture that stores 16B+ profile records to grow by an order of magnitude and support a more flexible data model
- Contribute to the development of customer-facing components in complex distributed data processing systems
- Work with a team of developers with deep experience in distributed systems and near-real-time data processing
- Establish expertise in multiple internal and industry practices, patterns, tools, languages, and processes
Who You Are
- 4+ years of experience as a backend software engineer
- Proficient with Python
- Experience working with relational databases such as MySQL
- Experience working with web application frameworks and ORMs
- Experience working with distributed systems is highly preferred
- Experience working with cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Enjoy working on small, autonomous agile teams.
- Enjoy shipping code early and often in an agile fashion, pairing with product management, business stakeholders, and other engineers to craft better software.
The pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation and hourly non-exempt roles are eligible for overtime in accordance with applicable law. This role is eligible for benefits, including: medical, dental and vision coverage, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), flexible paid time off and company-paid holidays and a culture of learning that includes a learning allowance and access to a professional coaching service for all employees.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our company takes the security and privacy of job applicants very seriously. We will never ask for payment, bank details, or personal financial information as part of the application process. All our legitimate job postings can be found on our official career site. Please be cautious of job offers that come from non-company email addresses (@klaviyo.com), instant messaging platforms, or unsolicited calls.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .