At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
The Go To Market (GTM) Operations team at Klaviyo has the mission to proactively deliver intelligence, scalable operations, and enablement to efficiently maximize revenue and CX across all GTM functions (Marketing, Sales, Success, Support, and Partnerships).
The Core Sales Ops team partners cross functionally with the CRO, Sales Leaders, Finance, Marketing, and other Ops counterparts to help set and execute global and regional revenue strategies. They build and execute core operational processes, facilitate key decision-making through analytics, and support ongoing business operations management (sales processes, deals desk etc.) to make our Sales teams successful!
About the Role:
As Sr. Director of Sales Core Operations, you will own core business operations across all Sales with a particular focus on sales strategy & planning, deals desk, processes, and analytics. You will work closely with global Sales Leadership and cross-functional teams to quickly understand opportunities and implement solutions.
Use knowledge of company products, services, support and technology, oversee operations activities to achieve and influence internal strategy to help achieve the company goals. Partner with Sales, Customer Success, Support, Partnerships, or Marketing, and Finance Departments to develop and administer relevant reports for the organization (Sales forecast, etc.). Partners directly with executive leadership of the aligned function to provide direction towards their goal.
How You'll Make a Difference:
- Drive annual planning cycles, including setting goals, coverage model revisions, territory design, and cascading our financial plan in close collaboration with CFO, Regional Sales and Marketing Leadership.
- Drive continuous improvement through standard operating cadences, including weekly forecast and metric reviews in addition to monthly and quarterly go-to-market business reviews.
- Define/deploy new operational processes and ensure rigorous adoption across the GTM organization (pipeline hygiene, account ownership, discounting, .etc.)
- Perform strategic product, market, and customer analyses to identify new growth drivers or opportunities for improvement
- Define, manage, and provide insights on key performance indicators across a range of segments, geographies, and go-to-market teams
- Collaborate with Sales, Finance, Marketing, Product, Engineering, and other cross-functional stakeholders to design and execute strategic and/or operational projects to increase sales productivity, operational efficiency, and revenue
- Manager of managers and leads multiple teams across deals desk, planning, and analytics. Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff.
- Work with our People Ops team to develop and implement excellent hiring, training, and performance management capabilities.
- Work with the Global VP GTM Ops and regional counterparts on workforce management, planning, and budgeting for our fast-growing regional teams.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Leads activities of one or more functional areas through managers who have the overall responsibility for the success of their assigned areas.
- Oversees team(s) to develop new methods and solve Klaviyo-wide business problems.
Who You Are:
- Ability to build and lead high-performance operations teams that help drive business outcomes.
- Ability to develop high impact strategies to improve effectiveness and drive key metrics.
- Highly analytical and data-driven, with proven ability to use a deep understanding of business metrics to drive outcomes.
- Demonstrated success operating in a cross functional environment and delivering outcomes.
- Sales Planning & Strategy experience, including salesforce sizing, territory design, capacity modeling, and planning
- Strong project management experience with demonstrated ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines on a global scale
- Strong sense of ownership over annual and quarterly planning.
- Strong sense of curiosity with a bias towards action.
- Proficiency with tools such as Salesforce and Tableau.
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of total work experience in Strategy, Finance, Analytics, Sales Operations, Business Operations, Management Consulting, or other related roles
- 5+ years of direct management experience in Sales Operations or related field
- 5+ years of operating experience in a high-growth, fast-paced environment at a B2B SaaS startup/scaleup.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com .
If you are a California, Colorado, Rhode Island, Washington, New York City, or Jersey City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.