At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
We are seeking an experienced and strategic Senior Director of Digital Experience [and Self-Serve] to join our team and drive the growth of our digital journey, including building and optimizing the website and the self-serve funnel. As the Senior Director of Digital Experience, you will play a critical role in the leading and building of our global website and conversion strategy. You will be responsible for the entire digital journey, from first visit to the website all the way through new customer acquisition in the Klaviyo application and cross-sell to the existing install base. You will also be responsible for leading our SEO team to ensure we continue to build our organic footprint. Your primary focus will be achieving our ambitious customer growth goals and driving Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) growth targets for the self-serve funnel.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Be accountable for the goals and revenue driven by product led growth initiatives, leading regular forecasting and reporting on actuals to GTM and company leadership
- Ensure that our main website and self-serve funnel remains the high-performing primary marketing vehicle for brand awareness and demand generation by developing and executing a strategic roadmap to ensure all web activities are in service of of this goal
- Scale Klaviyo’s web presence and product offerings
- Optimize for SEO, inclusive of site architecture, technical foundation, keyword support and editorial content
- Develop high-converting web journey and personalization for prospects, customers and and partners, including reviewing and assessing content for effectiveness
- Support global growth through site internationalization
- Plan and implement data-driven testing to optimize and personalize web experiences to increase site to lead conversions, pipeline, and decrease time to sale (CRO)
- Increase speed to market through streamlined processes, automation and technology integrations, while building a self-serve model to increase the agility of the larger marketing team
- Lead relationship with technical teams (Product & Marketing Engineering) and Web UX (Creative/Design) team through prioritization, OKRs, and stewardship of key projects/experiments to deliver against channel KPIs
- Understand and prioritize web requirements of all cross-functional teams across Klaviyo to accelerate growth and impact aligned to company goals
Who You Are
- 12+years experience in web management, user acquisition, and demand gen to analyze and produce marketing sourced leads and pipeline
- Proven experience in senior-level marketing roles, with a track record of success in developing and executing digital experience and conversion strategies.
- Expertise in web analytics (Google Analytics), A/B and multivariate testing tools, content management systems (Wordpress), technical and content SEO, web QA and domain/url management
- Strong ability to prioritize and make trade-off decisions between multiple projects and competing priorities within the organization
- Ability to communicate strategy, business cases, and roadmap to influence and advocate in a complex and matrixed organization, and analyze data and translate web findings clearly for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated success managing and mentoring a team of high performers across multiple offices and time zones, as well as building highly collaborative and productive relationships with cross-functional leaders—people want to work with you and for you
- Have managed both internationalization and localization web initiatives with demonstrated global collaboration across all functions—you know what works and which experts will help you get there
The pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation and hourly non-exempt roles are eligible for overtime in accordance with applicable law. This role is eligible for benefits, including: medical, dental and vision coverage, health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), flexible paid time off and company-paid holidays and a culture of learning that includes a learning allowance and access to a professional coaching service for all employees.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our company takes the security and privacy of job applicants very seriously. We will never ask for payment, bank details, or personal financial information as part of the application process. All our legitimate job postings can be found on our official career site. Please be cautious of job offers that come from non-company email addresses (@klaviyo.com), instant messaging platforms, or unsolicited calls.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .