At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
The Go To Market (GTM) Operations team at Klaviyo has the mission to proactively deliver intelligence, scalable operations, and enablement to efficiently maximize revenue and customer experience across all GTM functions (Marketing, Sales, Success, Partnerships, and Customer Support).
The GTM Applications organization is responsible for the selection, administration, governance and architecture of all 3rd Party SaaS applications and core GTM data sets that power our GTM teams. The core applications used across our GTM stack today include Salesforce, Gainsight, Zendesk, Netsuite and, of course, Klaviyo. There are many other SaaS applications in scope connected to the core stack e.g. Clari, 6Sense, Ada etc.
The GTM Applications group is entering into a “scale-up” phase, we’re looking for someone with the vision and experience to guide the organization’s growth and maturation. The leader of this function will have a huge opportunity to positively impact Klaviyo’s trajectory as a company.
About the Role:
As Sr. Director of GTM Systems, you will be responsible for building trusted relationships with GTM stakeholders that result in an aligned focus on delivering outcomes, supported by a clear technology and information strategy, prioritized plans, process maturity, disciplined execution and predictable, high-quality delivery of day-to-day technology and data insights.
You will also be responsible for the end-to-end solution, including requirements gathering, implementation, testing, deployment, monitoring, and metrics gathering; partnering with the business and technical teams to design and build robust, scalable, and compliant process architectures.
How You'll Make a Difference:
- Set strategy with a strong execution plan and demonstrated progress of our systems and tools. Partner with GTM leadership, Ops, and Engineering teams on strategic initiatives, team success, and creating a winning culture for GTM systems and tools
- Work with functional leaders to establish the Go To Market Applications annual strategy and quarterly roadmaps that drive automation and scale to support the company's growth aspirations.
- Own the technical strategy and operations of our Lead-to-Cash workflow, with Salesforce, being the central system.
- Play a key leadership role in developing the company's "GTM Data Strategy" to ensure our core GTM data sets (Leads, Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities and Contracts) are reliably accurate, thus enabling fast & accurate business performance reporting and enabling faster, easier integration of new software and services that rely on this data.
- Collaborate with IT to ensure that SOX -related application controls, IT operations controls and IT general controls are properly documented and executed in support of the ongoing SOX 404 compliance requirements.
- Facilitate successful implementation of new technology and processes, fostering an organization of continuous process improvement. Lead design and implementation of GTM tech strategy by partnering with the right stakeholders and lead technical detailed design sessions with the extended operations team; ensure solutions cover the end to end processes without any loopholes
- Increase performance of the current tech stack implementation, resolve conflict among workflow rules, process builders, sync codes etc.
- Ensure seamless integration between Salesforce and other mission-critical systems, including Zendesk, Gainsight, Netsuite, and other applications
- Manager of managers and leads multiple teams across Sales, Customer Success, Support, and Marketing system architects, admins, program management.
- Work with our People Ops team to develop and implement excellent hiring, training, and performance management capabilities.
- Work with the Global VP GTM Ops and regional counterparts on workforce management, planning, and budgeting for our fast-growing regional teams.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Leads activities of one or more functional areas through managers who have the overall responsibility for the success of their assigned areas.
- Oversees team(s) to develop new methods and solve Klaviyo-wide business problems.
Who You Are:
- Strong commercial experience in delivering and managing enterprise solutions in a similar role to this one
- Ability to build and lead high-performance systems teams that help drive business outcomes.
- Demonstrated success operating in a cross functional environment and delivering outcomes.
- Strong project management experience with demonstrated ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines on a global scale. Experience managing Agile SCRUM teams for the delivery of GTM systems on an aggressive schedule.
- Strong sense of curiosity with a bias towards action.
- Proficiency and thought leadership in GTM tools and tech stack. Deep experience designing and supporting critical business processes including Lead to Opportunity, Quote to Cash, Renewals, and Support.
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of total work experience in GTM systems or other related roles
- 5+ years of direct management experience
- 5+ years of operating experience in a high-growth, fast-paced environment at a B2B SaaS startup/scaleup.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com .
If you are a California, Colorado, Rhode Island, Washington, New York City, or Jersey City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.