At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Klaviyo is growing by leaps and bounds; as a result, we’re excited at the opportunity to join our Core Information Architecture Team, a front-end focused team!
This is a unique opportunity with personal and leadership growth opportunities. You will join a small team that is responsible for the UI implementation and maintenance across a number of functional areas. This is an opportunity to contribute on a daily basis to improving our users' experiences and build unique expertise in our product. You will be joining a team of talented and passionate engineers who delight in owning the code and ensuring quality for these diverse functional areas.
We require candidates to have extensive experience with React and experience contributing to/owning component libraries.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Design, build, and maintain a robust frontend system. This includes developing the patterns on how we write, ship, and test frontend code.
- Work with a growing design team (~10) and excited engineers (~50) over the tools this team will build.
- Leading and mentoring the engineering team at large on frontend best practices.
Who You Are
- Extensive Front End Engineering Experience.
- 6+ years experience is good to have
- Experienced with Frontend Tooling (e.g. Webpack, Babel, TypeScript, Eslint, Testing tooling, Jenkins, CDNs, etc.).
- Experience working in React.
- Experience developing application APIs (e.g. REST, GraphQL, JSON Schema, or JSON:API, etc.).
- Experienced in writing, testing, and deploying frontend code.
- Have built or maintained design systems used by other engineering teams.
- Bring your very best each and every day.
- Stay positive and keep moving forwardPassion for what you do.
- Experience working with cross functional teams.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Upon request, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .