At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
The Customer Growth Sales Manager will be responsible for hiring, training, coaching, and leading a team of Account Executives that sell into Klaviyo’s install base. The manager will drive sales development, hold direct reports accountable to their KPIs, effectively operate in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, and provide Sales Leadership with accurate forecasts and any notable updates or learnings from the field.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train, and retain top talent
- Oversee and inspect the daily workflow of their team in order to promote KPI accountability and identify coaching opportunities
- Identify and address gaps in performance or areas for improvement and build strategic coaching plans
- Weekly 1:1s with direct reports
- Weekly team meetings that motivate and enable the team around key objectives
- Provide constructive and timely performance evaluations
- Partner with Account Executive on complex deals to navigate any customer negotiations and assist in identifying any internal approvals
- Share constructive and timely career development discussions
- Handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Manage the accuracy of the forecast and identify lead indicators of success
- Demonstrate high emotional intelligence and adapt your communication and/or coaching style accordingly to your direct reports
- Drive efforts in generating and closing cross sell and upsell opportunities
- Train, develop, and build out an ongoing skills analysis aimed at designing a scalable curriculum for improvement/advancement
- Collaborate across various internal teams to ensure a positive customer experience, effective deal navigation for complex opportunities, and a progressive internal workflow.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of how to effectively manage 1:1s, team meetings, and a consistent overall cadence with the team
- Experience with opportunities that have mixed levels of complexity
- Experience working cross functionally with Legal, Finance, and Leadership to get deals over the finish line
- Passionate about training and development
- Confident and willing to take part in healthy debates
- Excellent sales and customer service skills
- Strong coaching and leadership skills
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of Account Executive experience - experience in high-transaction sales preferred.
- Proven track record of being a consistent top sales performer - experience in the MarTech space a plus.
- 8+ years of team lead and/or management experience
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience, a Bachelor’s degree or above a plus.
Klaviyo in APAC;
We are starting small but have big plans for Klaviyo in APAC. Our Sydney team begun to take shape in early 2022 and has now built out around our go to market teams in sales, customer success, partnerships, marketing, recruiting and product support. As the team grows we will see a continued expansion of Klaviyo’s customer base and the building of a fantastic working culture in line with what we see elsewhere in Klaviyo but with its own local identity within our Sydney based team. This is your unique opportunity to join us at a very early stage and help to shape our future Klaviyo in APAC.
One of our values as a company is ‘always learning’ and you can feel that in APAC. People are looking to grow and develop and Klaviyo provides a great platform to do so. As we are still relatively early in our journey in APAC this means there is a lot of headroom to grow and develop within your role - we are looking for the leaders of the future. At Klaviyo generally managers are often promoted up into their roles and people are regularly being promoted or moving into new functional areas - it really is an education through experience here.
As part of the Klaviyo team you will be looked after with some great benefits locally in APAC including private health cover for you and discounted for your household, financial and professional coaching, a generous annual learning allowance ($4.2k AUSD), 22 weeks full pay primary care giver leave (16 week secondary), unlimited holiday and free books (yes, any books!) to name a few.
The pay range for this role is listed below. Sales roles are also eligible for variable compensation. This role is also eligible for competitive benefits and perquisites, subject to company policy and applicable law
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Our company takes the security and privacy of job applicants very seriously. We will never ask for payment, bank details, or personal financial information as part of the application process. All our legitimate job postings can be found on our official career site. Please be cautious of job offers that come from non-company email addresses (@klaviyo.com), instant messaging platforms, or unsolicited calls.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .