At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Senior Security Engineer, Threat Response
Klaviyo is looking for a Senior Security Engineer to add to our rapidly growing Threat Response Team. This is a hands-on role that involves triaging security alerts, responding to cyber threats and incidents, performing digital forensics and investigations, and automating threat response playbooks. As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to work on complex security challenges and work with engineers across the enterprise to improve security posture of Klaviyo’s Corporate and Cloud environments.
What you’ll be doing
- Triage and respond to alerts, cyber threats and incidents
- Drive end-to-end incident response investigations
- Perform host and network based log analysis in a cloud first environment
- Develop and codify threat response processes and playbools
- Perform digital forensic investigations to include analysis, collection, and preservation of evidence
- Build security tools to automate threat response tasks
- Develop detailed post incident and investigation reports
- Solution complex challenges and work on projects centered around security operations
- Collaborate with detection engineers to identify threat detection use cases
- Work with engineering stakeholders to improve security posture post investigations
- Coach and mentor junior team members within the Detection & Response Team
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience in triaging and responding to alerts, cyber threats and incidents
- Experience in log analysis, incident response and/or digital forensics
- Experience with SIEM and centralized logging (e.g., Splunk)
- Experience with Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR)
- Experience securing cloud environments such as AWS, GCP, and/or Azure
- Experience leveraging programming languages to automate or build features (e.g., Python, Go and/or Ruby)
- Understand techniques, tools and procedures used by threat actors
- Strong fundamentals of linux and macOS
- Automation-first approach for all work performed
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team player with a strong self-managing work ethic
- Eligibility to work in the UK without restriction.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Upon request, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .