At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Why you should join the Security and Trust team
Klaviyo is looking for a Senior Detection & Response Engineer to add to our growing security team. This is a hands-on technical role that involves solving complex security problems, threat detection, security orchestration and automation, incident response and developing new tools to take the Detection & Response Program to the next level. As a Senior Detection & Response Engineer you will have the opportunity to provide detection and response thought leadership, take ownership of end-to-end detection development lifecycle, and execute on core detection and response engineering efforts.
How you will make a difference:
- Develop, test, and deploy high fidelity detections using signatures, heuristics and models
- Establish telemetry data across Klaviyo cloud environment, platforms, and technologies
- Detect and respond to cyber threats and incidents using tools such as a SIEM, IDS, EDR, Firewalls and modern cloud platforms
- Deploy and optimize detection and response technologies (e.g., SIEM, IDS/IPS, EDR)
- Automate and codify detection and response processes and playbooks
- Conduct ad-hoc threat hunts in support of SecOps, detection, automations or tools
- Build tools, integrations and automations for SecOps and threat detection platforms
- Collaborate across functional teams (site, product, engineering, IT) to understand and protect all aspects of Klaviyo cyber footprint
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 4+ years of hands-on security operations experience in the modern cloud environments
- Hands-on experience with SIEM and centralized logging (e.g., Splunk, ELK)
- Experience securing cloud environments such as AWS, GCP, and/or Azure
- Experience leveraging scripting languages to automate or build features (Bash, Python, Go and/or Ruby)
- Experience with detection-as-code and infrastructure-as-code
- Understand techniques, tools and procedures used by threat actors
- Subject matter expert in the areas of threat detection and incident response
- Experience with Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR)
- Strong fundamentals of Linux and Mac operating systems
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com .
If you are a California, Colorado, Rhode Island, Washington, New York City, or Jersey City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.