At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
Why you should join the Security and Trust team
Klaviyo is seeking a technically proficient Senior Security Operations Engineer to join the Security and Trust Organization. In this role, you will work hands-on to tackle complex security challenges and build threat intelligence and threat hunt operations within the Detection & Response Team. As a Senior Security Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for providing leadership in threat intelligence, threat hunting, and detection and response across Klaviyo's Corporate and Cloud environments.
How you will make a difference:
- Perform threat research and track threat actor tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
- Plan, scope and conduct threat hunt operations based on threat intelligence, Klaviyo data sets, and knowledge of Klaviyo’s Corporate and Cloud environments
- Drive proactive threat detection development as result of threat research and hunt operations
- Detect and respond to cyber threats and incidents using tools such as a SIEM, IDS/IPS, EDR, and modern cloud platforms
- Serve as a member of the detection & response team and participate in incident response efforts
- Deploy and optimize detection and response technologies (e.g., Threat Intelligence Platform)
- Automate and codify threat intelligence and hunt processes and playbooks
- Build tools, integrations and automations for SecOps and threat detection platforms
- Create and disseminate threat intelligence and hunt products and briefings
- Grow threat research capabilities to include in-depth understanding of threat actor TTPs and derive new Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) via digital forensics and malware analysis
- Coach and mentor junior team members within the Detection & Response Team
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years of hands-on security operations experience in the modern cloud environments
- Strong understanding of threat detection & response in cloud environments
- Expertise in Linux and Mac operating system internal and security investigations
- Subject matter expert in threat intelligence, threat hunt and log analysis
- Understand techniques, tools and procedures used by bad actors
- Hands-on experience with SIEM and centralized logging (e.g., Splunk, ELK)
- Experience securing cloud environments such as AWS, GCP, and/or Azure
- Experience leveraging scripting languages to automate or build features (Bash, Python, Go and/or Ruby)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code and detection-as-code
- Experience with Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR)
- Automation-first approach for all work performed
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team player with a strong, self-managing work ethic
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com .
If you are a California, Colorado, Rhode Island, Washington, New York City, or Jersey City resident and this role is a remote role, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.