At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying. Want to learn more about life at Klaviyo? Visit careers.klaviyo.com to see how we empower creators to own their own destiny.
We love tackling tough engineering problems and look for Engineers who are passionate about building, owning, and scaling features and breaking through any obstacle or technical challenge in their way. We push each other to move out of our comfort zone, learn new technologies and work hard to ensure each day is better than the last.
Klaviyo operates a real-time data platform written in Python and built for massive scale on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Engineers come to Klaviyo with experience in a variety of languages and from a number of disciplines. Klaviyo is growing fast and we have openings for all skill levels across all of our teams. Learn more about our engineering culture at https://klaviyo.tech
The Groups Team is responsible for the segmentation and audience creation functionality in Klaviyo. We process and store all of our customer’s data about their customers (profiles) and we allow them to group those profiles into audiences with our powerful segmentation engine. They can then send messages to those audiences or use them as a basis for reporting and analytics. We process billions of segment updates in real-time every day.
As an engineer on this team, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining systems to support core product areas in Klaviyo. You will work with a cross functional team to help design systems, create infrastructure, write high quality code, and operate large scale systems in a production environment.
Team Tech Stack
- Proficient in using at least one modern programming language
- Degree or equivalent experience in a software engineering discipline
- Able to communicate well
- Able to work with others on a team
- Able to learn continuously and adapt to a high growth environment
- Able to stick with and solve difficult problems
- Experience with cloud computing environments, especially AWS
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience performance tuning and scaling systems
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience using Linux operating systems
- Experience with high volume data processing and storage systems
Who You Are
- Passionate about building software effectively and for the long-term. Have experience building products that matter. Have proven expertise in applying relevant design patterns to implementing highly-scalable multi-tenant systems.
- Like working on small, autonomous agile teams. Enjoy shipping code early and often in an agile fashion, pairing with product management, business stakeholders, and other engineers to craft better software.
- Motivated by having ownership and leading others, excited about taking the initiative to solve tasks in collaboration with others. Have experience leading projects and groups of engineers.
- Have expertise assessing risks and alternatives. Have solid understanding of prioritizing organizational, technical, and product needs.
- Promote shared understanding among leadership and considers others when making decisions. Regularly mentor fellow engineers, ensuring their skill development aligns with organizational growth.
- Love digging into performance, scalability, and reliability issues to drive breakthrough solutions. You recognize all problems can be solved and are capable of rallying others to address business needs.
Get to Know Klaviyo
We’re Klaviyo (pronounced clay-vee-oh). We empower creators to own their destiny by making first-party data accessible and actionable like never before. We see limitless potential for the technology we’re developing to nurture personalized experiences in ecommerce and beyond. To reach our goals, we need our own crew of remarkable creators—ambitious and collaborative teammates who stay focused on our north star: delighting our customers. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, where you’ll be welcomed as your whole self from day one and supported with generous benefits, we hope you’ll join us.
Upon request, you can receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role. Requests can be submitted here . Additional information regarding benefits can be found at klaviyorewards.com .
Klaviyo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, color, religion or religious creed, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran or active military status, marital status, criminal record, genetics, retaliation, sexual harassment or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
You can find our Job Applicant Privacy Notice here .